Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Thank you,but i think i am an idiot.
You are not an idiot.

Great big wodge of applications sent off; ten I think. All very slightly different because they were to different project managers in one organisation. I'm sure one somewhere has the wrong name or details even though I checked them several times...

On a more positive note, I checked in with a friend who started a company teaching English and doing translations about a decade ago in northern Stuttgart, and it turns out he may have some freelance work for me.

I'd still have to get a 'normal' job where I'm paying for social security and healthcare et c, but this gives the option that if I see a job offered for a three or four day week I can apply and then do freelancing for the other days, which I rather like the sound of: I enjoy working with people with disabilities and psychological illnesses but I'd also appreciate the variety.

Last edited:
Great big wodge of applications sent off; ten I think. All very slightly different because they were to different project managers in one organisation. I'm sure one somewhere has the wrong name or details even though I checked them several times...

It seems the email programme sent everything twice. It that's the only problem, I'm happy.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I wonder what they will find?
Shiny headlights?

Oooh.. And a slight split in the offside wiper blade.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Cliff Richard is 79 years old today - so is my Dad.

I have had to re-write the note for the milkman informing him that I won't need anything on Thursday - despite putting the note & the bottle in the (normally) dry part of the porch, the wind drove the rain in the latest downpour everywhere making the original note unreadable.

I hope that's the only reason my bathroom has let in water. Wind driven rain. I think some had been pushed under the roof tiles.

I hope that's the only reason my bathroom has let in water. Wind driven rain. I think some had been pushed under the roof tiles.

I hope so. Mind you, we had a full on leak in our apartment roof a year or two ago and it seemed fairly simple to fix*.

On the other hand, if the water is coming through the chrome bits sticking out of the wall, that's normal and you can stop worrying.

Happy to help.

*Before someone makes comment, we do live in the attic, so it wasn't coming from the neighbours.

Last edited:
Top Bottom