Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Our washing was on the line at half seven this morning, I got it out before getting my bike out and getting some miles in.

I waited until I got out of bed before washing the bedding, in much the same way as I wait until I'm out of bed to have my first wee off the day...... ^_^

@Andy in Germany @Andy in Germany have you gone AWOL, how did it go?

Hi, thanks for the comments.

No I didn't go AWOL, I just don't have any access to the internet at work.

Just got back: they seem to like me and I generally found it okay. I felt more relaxed and confident that I usually do in a first day, even to the point of partially dismantling the sanding machine so I could sand an awkward bit of a client's project.

Tomorrow morning I have to do a mini project with the clients, making a key fob from a piece of green wood, and then in the afternoon I have my assessment, then on Thursday I tell them if I want to work there and they rather more importantly tell me if I can.

Commute home might be a bit of a faff, 200m climbing in about 3 km (ca. 650 feet in about 1.8 miles) which I think could get boring fast, hence my sudden interest in folding bikes...

In other news I was glad to note the Nausea I've had the last few days was just nerves and evaporated as soon as I started work. I've got a thumping headache now though...

Last edited:
Sounds like a Paczki.

Nope - they're very distinctly different. Faschingskrapfen are a bit like the Dutch Oliebollen.

Besides, Paczki is plural. Paczek is the singular. :biggrin:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Hi, thanks for the comments.

No I didn't go AWOL, I just don't have any access to the internet at work.

Just got back: they seem to like me and I generally found it okay. I felt more relaxed and confident that I usually do in a first day, even to the point of partially dismantling the sanding machine so I could sand an awkward bit of a client's project.

Tomorrow morning I have to do a mini project with the clients, making a key fob from a piece of green wood, and then in the afternoon I have my assessment, then on Thursday I tell them if I want to work there and they rather more importantly tell me if I can.

Commute home might be a bit of a faff, 200m climbing in about 3 km (ca. 650 feet in about 1.8 miles) which I think could get boring fast, hence my sudden interest in folding bikes...

In other news I was glad to note the Nausea I've had the last few days was just nerves and evaporated as soon as I started work. I've got a thumping headache now though...
Glad it went well and that you enjoyed it. I hope tomorrow goes just as well, and from the sound of it, you'll have another great day! 👍😀

Top Bottom