Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Let them understand that it's your job.

You mean, as in "be enthusiastic?" I'll do my best. I told them I needed at least two days because I'm an introvert so day one is just settling in. Day two I can start being a bit more useful...

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You do realise that you've upset the delicate electrical ecology! Phone leads, toothbrushes, scales, chips. And that's just the beginning of what you've started. I'd put the old bulb back in before things get out of hand.
I was going to replace the bulb on the landing but now I realise that it might be the final straw for The Planet. Thank you for sharing your wisdom.

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks. I think this is correct, as they clearly liked me in the interview last week, and were talking about stuff I'll be doing in a few months time there.

There is also the factor that there are not many Occupational Therapists who are also cabinet makers and have artistic skills, which is what they need.

I should be pretty relaxed, but for the first time in several months of interviews I'm really nervous. It didn't help when someone said "You'll be okay unless you do something really awful" which got me thinking of all the ways I could totally balls up the whole thing...
Do what I did at one interview, sit down on the chair provided and then find yourself telling them where & why the chair gave way. After picking myself up.

You work with wood, so should be able to tell them the weak joints.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
i bought a wine glass at Tesco probably an hour ago. I washed it,then put it on the draining rack. I then put a washed cup on there and caught the wine glass causing the stem to break. It was only 50p but for god's sake,it didn't even get to hold some wine before i broke it!:thumbsdown:

Edit...Just remembered,i jokingly said to the girl on the till that it 'won't last long'. Why didn't i buy a safer sturdier tumbler?:huh:

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
It's a local thing. Protestant villages have Kirbe, which is a sort of street market and fair, and a few weeks later Catholic villages have Fasching which is a procession with costumes. That way everyone gets to go to both.

That probably isn't helping, but I suspect the real culprit is nerves about the interview tomorrow...
I thought Fasching was before lent, like Carneval. But I see a number of dates. Very confusing.

Top Bottom