Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Out on Brompton this afternoon. It involved hills, head winds, and cold. It was hard work, so good for me. This is the traditional time of year I ease back on the cycling before building back up in December. But felt extra hard as haven't managed much riding of late due to a holiday and other obstacles. But no events planned till Dec 22nd so all good and plenty of time to rebuild the fitness.

Time to pick up the TinyBug from her dance club...

Busy bee Reynard today. Ran a bunch of errands this morning. Also stopped off at Wilkinsons and picked up nine boxes of cat food as they were on a good multi-buy offer that made them cheaper than Zooplus.

Lovely lunch of chicken and avocado sandwich, two :cuppa: and a banana.

Spent the afternoon hauling wood. That wasn't fun as the wind was fairly whipping through the gap in the hedge that I am obliged to keep in order to allow the drainage board to have access for their machinery, as my garden is bordered on two sides by a 20ft wide drain.

Plan on having a fryup / bitsas tonight, as there is some coleslaw and some mashed potato that need clearing up. But then I have a lovely ring of black pudding, some chipolatas, mushrooms and extra-large free range eggs. I may slip a rasher or two of streaky bacon in with that lot as well... :hungry:

Wow, you've a good memory.

No, and it is still hanging half finished in the dining room making me feel guilty.

Ouch, sorry, didn't mean to make you feel bad about it

I'm thinking I may need to change to a more manageable subject: I have one on he opposite wall of a fishing boat being repaired, and I'd like them to at least vaguely match.

Sounds like a plan. Mind, I've got a bunch of stuff that I started and then abandoned for various reasons. At least with the acrylic stuff, I can give it a couple of coats of white or titanium buff and then re-use the paper / board.

We popped into town for the Remembrance Day and on the way we spotted an ex service man walking down. We stopped and asked him if he wanted a lift.
We dropped him off in town before we went and parked .

I'm just as bad. I've a couple of outdoor sketches I need to use to produce some big A1,A2 paintings. Promised myself I would start yesterday afternoon, instead fell asleep in front of the fire.

Most of my abandoned stuff are things that are too big. I start off with the best intentions and then lose interest, or I get so hung up in the small details that it's just like "what's the point?"

Have found that I'm most comfortable working somewhere between 14 x 10 and 10x 8 for acrylics and A4 and A5 for watercolours, pencil or pen & ink.

Boats can be tricky to draw and paint. I like boats and enjoy drawing / painting them.
Remember the old rule paint something you enjoy or have an interest in.

I've no interest in still life, indoors or portraits so I don't bother painting them.

Exactly. :okay: I do racing cars, portraits and sci-fi type stuff.

Have no time for bowls of fruit or vases of flowers, wildlife and such like. Landscapes and cats I'll dabble at, but I'm shite at them, so generally don't bother.

P.S. With things like boats and cars, you have to get all the angles right - if one bit is out, the whole thing just looks "off".

Top Bottom