Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just converted a load of rejection emails to PDF's so I can take them to the Employment Agency.

Not sure how many I converted: I stopped counting at about 50.
It is stupid of them to force people to apply for so many jobs. With all of those rejections it must have an effect on a person's confidence.
It would be far better to reduce the number of applications and target ones where the person has a chance of success.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I find washing cars quite relaxing TBH, so don't mind (and washing bikes). :whistle:
This reminds me that my car needs doing, along with a bit of gardening. Problem is that if the weather's goods enough for gardening or car washing, it' also good enough for a bike ride.

That's the joy of acrylic paint: some of my pictures have more layers than an archaeological dig.

Some of mine do too :laugh:

Though I have to say, I make far fewer boo-boos with acrylics now that I do a fair bit of watercolours as well. The latter has made me think far more carefully about where I put each brushstroke.

BTW, did you ever tackle that post van & ferry project you had in mind?

Reading and looking at somebody's posts I'm very tempted to buy watercolours. Though I preferred graphic arts. But haven't done anything for many years.

Worth a punt if you fancy a go. A "sketcher's box" of 12 student half pans (e.g. Windsor & Newton Cotman) will set you back about a tenner.

Don't use cheap paper though, as it buckles like blazes no matter what you do.

It is stupid of them to force people to apply for so many jobs. With all of those rejections it must have an effect on a person's confidence.
It would be far better to reduce the number of applications and target ones where the person has a chance of success.

They haven't forced me to send them, to be fair, but equally the "targeted" jobs they have sent wern't.

My plan is to bury them in proven applications so they'll shut up and leave me alone until I find something.

BTW, did you ever tackle that post van & ferry project you had in mind?

Wow, you've a good memory.

No, and it is still hanging half finished in the dining room making me feel guilty.

I learned a new sound to hate......that slightly gritty friction noise as a plasterboard plug starts to rotate in the board as you tighten the screw.

We always kept a supply of smaller/larger plugs and screws ready for that eventuality. One trick I learned was to immediately put a smaller plug or matchstick in the rotating plug, and them put the screw in. It that failed we'd try a bigger plug.

Not like the Nearly Earning Centre here then that use bullying tactics!

They try similar tricks, although not as extreme.

The problem is that although there are many jobs available in theory, a lot of places that need a care worker will put my job title in the description, so the Employment Agency thinks I can do them.

Also, having High Sensory Processing Sensitivity means I'm more easily overstimulated so I'm not keen to go commuting across even a small city like Stuttgart (because I can't filter out the noise and movement so I end up exhausted) and they don't like that either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom