Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Ah, woodland management... Still, I do get to play with some very nice tools. ^_^

FWIW, I bought myself a Mountfield long hedge trimmer which comes with a mini chain saw for removing branches. My son couldn't resist a try, but it wasn't cutting very well. then I realised I'd put the chain on the wrong way round when I cleaned it. :crazy:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
We have a yellow rain warning from the weather peeps. It has been fine all day until a little while ago.
I wet out and bought some paint for my bike this morning. I will have to spray some test panels to see how it matches .

Just hope we get a chance for everything to dry up. Switched the pump on this morning but there was insufficient water in the hole to fully fill the hose.

Last edited:
Well, it appears to have finally stopped raining here. Not worth hopping onto a bike and doing the market, as there probably won't be much of a market. May nip out later on the Chartres for a general bimble, but then again, I may not.

The cats haven't even *asked* to go out, so I think I shall take my cues from them.

Have made gingered apple sauce to go with the black pudding I intend to have for supper tonight.

FWIW, I bought myself a Mountfield long hedge trimmer which comes with a mini chain saw for removing branches. My son couldn't resist a try, but it wasn't cutting very well. then I realised I'd put the chain on the wrong way round when I cleaned it. :crazy:

I shouldn't laugh really, as it's easily enough done. Been there, done that, you see... :blush:

My saw has a 14 inch bar. Ideally I'd like a bigger saw, but it's that trade off between ease of cutting and being able to handle the saw for a couple of hours at a time.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
OMG, what's this bright yellow thing in the sky? :scratch:
The Moon wearing 'Hi Viz' :laugh:

Well, that wasn't the afternoon I'd planned... Had intended on starting a new piece of artwork - a re-visit of a charcoal portrait I did back in 2002-ish, but ended up doing:

a) Sorting out the details of a new judging engagement for a show at the tail end of February.

b) Making chutney. (Green tomato, red pepper, apple, onion and ginger.)

Of course, as I decided not to go out on the bike, it has stayed dry. :whistle:

Top Bottom