Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Frost is covering everything here. My son just left for school wrapped up in so many layers that he reminded me of the Michelin man.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Good morning.
The view from my hotel this morning.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I went to Stanfords in Covent Garden to pick up a 1:25000 OS map. I don't usually go right into the beating heart of The West End but I took the precaution of taking a handful of baby-wipes in a ZipLok bag in case my chain dropped off again. (I don't mind riding around Shepherd's Bush with fingers covered in black oil, but I figured the shop assistants in cool territory might be affronted). Coming home down Charing Cross Road, there was red light at which I stopped and put my left foot down.....but it didn't land on top of the kerb as expected and I keeled over in glorious slowmotion onto the pavement with the bike on top of me. I had barely hit the paving before five concerned young people (God Bless them) were upon me earnestly inquiring about my welfare. It was all rather depressing. FFS! Do I look that old???
Yes, the chain had fallen off, and yes, I needed the baby wipes, but my ego was in shreds.:cry:

That's a coincidence, I was reading, yesterday, about how you can put the chain back on with a stick picked from the bush, thus keeping your hands clean.

I thought that grassy knowle to the left on the horizon looked familiar .

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Last edited:
Spent the morning sawing more logs off that mahoosive cherry tree. Plus I felled another dead oak and cut that up too, likewise several large (dead) branches from another nearby cherry tree.

I love my "office" at this time of year. I don't mind the cold, but give me a still day, a little bit of sun and all the fantastic autumn colours and I'm just so happy doing what I do.

Had a lovely lunch of a bagel with lox and a schmear accompanied by two :cuppa: and a banana. Poppy has decided she quite likes my lox. :blush:

Carted all the cut logs to their relevant destinations this afternoon, with the green wood all stacked nice and neat.

Only downside, my work gloves are now fubared. :sad: The palm, thumb and index finger on the right glove have worn through - weird, cos I'm left handed. The challenge is finding another pair in my size.

Top Bottom