Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I started when Mum gave me Dad's oldish Praktika 3 lens 'Kit' (50mm 135mm and a Zoom) then I bought a Tamron SP 90 f 2.5 (Adaptall mount) then when the Praktika went dodgy took the advice of my local camera shop and bought 2nd hand Pentax bodies and a couple of lenses plus an 'Adaptall' Pentax mount then got a chance of a Tamron SP 300 f 4.Then when that was nicked in a 'burglary' replaced those with new Pentax *Ist and a brand new 'NOS' SP 90 that I knew Young's Cameras had kept back for 10yrs or so (it was superseded by an f 2.8 AF version) The reason for choosing and sticking with Pentax is they're all 'backwards compatible' even the digital bodies, good job really cos I chanced upon an old Program 'A' with a Pentax 50mm f 1.2 in good nick (perfect for 'available light' shots at 'gigs', stick a 1600 ASA film in it and you could photograph a proverbial black cat in a coal-hole.

That's what I really miss, the advice of a good shop, I was lucky in that Young's Cameras was staffed by enthusiasts who were prepared to take as much time with customers who were spending a little as those who were spending thousands.

Another Pentax fan here, still got an SP500 & 1000, plus two digitals.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
And I get post #60,000 in this thread :girldance:

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :dance:

It's the secret of a happy life :okay:

Being easily pleased :shy:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Ho hum, weekly av 3194 steps, still my foot feels as if it's getting better!

New wheel arrived for the wheelbarrow, Duly fitted. Add that to the leaf blower now working, it clearly means I haven't lost all my skills.

Most unmundane, my new box of Knoppers has arrived. I may have put on a little weight recently.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Ho hum, weekly av 3194 steps, still my foot feels as if it's getting better!

New wheel arrived for the wheelbarrow, Duly fitted. Add that to the leaf blower now working, it clearly means I haven't lost all my skills.

Most unmundane, my new box of Knoppers has arrived. I may have put on a little weight recently.
Why'd you fit a wheelbarrow to your leaf blower?

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Can't understand why your engine wouldn't turn over with a fully charged battery !
Have you got antifreeze in your engine ?
How cold is it where you are ?
-3 this morning. New radiator was fitted about 3 weeks ago by garage with added antifreeze.
Usually first signs the batery is past it. Very cold night, fully charged or not, older batteries just can't cope.
Battery was brand new about 8 weeks ago. :sad:
Your battery is stuffed, when FIL gets there put the leads on his RED positive first then your RED positive, then put his BLACK negative onto his battery then finally put your BLACK onto a metal part of the engine, do not put it on your battery.
Car started after 5 minutes charging. I’d run the battery down trying to start and bump start. Did some reading and (can’t remember where I read it) too cold air in the air intake can stop the car starting apparently. I waited until it was warmer this afternoon (2 degrees (5 degrees warmer)) then jumped it. Drove around to charge the battery afterward. Called at retail park (was there for about an hour and 15 while I found and bought a battery jump start pack (no need to call out FIL again) and a battery charger) and the car started straight away. Called to pick wife and kids up from grandparents (had about 30 minutes there) and car started again straightaway. Bought some ‘Cold Start Spray’ which is supposed to stop this happening again (or at least quickly solve it if it does).

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Front mudguard for new recumbent hasn't turned up. Bike nay get muddy again in tomorrow's ride. Guess I'll have to wash it again before mudguard finally gets fitted.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Your battery is stuffed, when FIL gets there put the leads on his RED positive first then your RED positive, then put his BLACK negative onto his battery then finally put your BLACK onto a metal part of the engine, do not put it on your battery.

I didn’t know that. But why?

snorri

Legendary Member
The battery was fully charged, the engine just wouldn’t turn over
It might be worth checking that the correct power capacity of battery is fitted in your car.
I had that problem with the onset of winter a few months after buying a new car. The garage insisted the battery was in good condition but I eventually discovered that the battery was of insufficient capacity for the vehicle, my 1300cc car had been fitted with a battery for a 1100cc model car before I had taken delivery, whilst it had sufficient power for summer usage it lacked the power for winter when the sump oil was thicker.

Top Bottom