Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I was just listening to the Andrew Mar programme and heard them talking about Political Football and thought it would make the basis of a good game !
You could have something like 5 teams on the pitch at once ! Some teams would make alliances against the others, some players might defect to another team halfway through a match. One team might want independence and set their own goal !
I think it would make an interesting game ! :wacko:

Can you imaging how long it would take to decide if the goal counted?

D

Deleted member 26715

I was just listening to the Andrew Mar programme and heard them talking about Political Football and thought it would make the basis of a good game !
You could have something like 5 teams on the pitch at once ! Some teams would make alliances against the others, some players might defect to another team halfway through a match. One team might want independence and set their own goal !
How about if one was proven to lie they got an electric shock increasing in voltage the more they told.

snorri

Legendary Member
Was it Boris Johnstone's father who recently said that people are not able to spell Pinocchio? 🤔
I believe it was.
There is an aide memoire for anyone having doubts regarding the spelling.
Just think of a picture of Johnson jnr and Johnson snr standing side by side, that should remind you that the name Pinocchio has two Cs together.
A couple of charlies:rolleyes:.

It is sunny out .
I cycled down to Thingley Junction to watch a GWR Castle pull a steam special . The train was a bit late and was trying to make up time and so it was making a lot of steam . It would have made a lovely picture as the sun was lighting up the steam and reflecting off the engine . If only the camera would have let me ! :angry:. I was using a manual lens and hadn't noticed the camera was set on auto focus .
How out of focus would it be , it was on infinity ? :angry:
Sometimes modern technology can be a right pain !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Been out for a ride, made a bike wash area (used an old Aldi folding wall bikemount and bolted this on the outside of the garage at the side). Back in and my wife and daughter were 'trying' to assemble the tree. Leo and Simba, the lad cats, were up the tree and swiping every branch that came near them..... they have both been shoved outside. Baby cat is asleep.

Beautiful Daughter is 5 today, and she's been given a Playmobil Camping set which kept us all busy building things. She has also realised that her birthday also means it is now officially Advent and we can put decorations up. Our apartment currently contains a five year old dangerously close to self-combusting from sheer excitement.

Unfortunately the bug I caught last week is still lurking so I can't go to her party...

Last edited:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
You could have something like 5 teams on the pitch at once ! Some teams would make alliances against the others, some players might defect to another team halfway through a match. One team might want independence and set up their own goal !
Philosophers not politicians, but close enough!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Cycled out for a pub lunch on the recumbent. Round trip of 68km, which is fifth ride on bike in its first week. Got a 200km Audax in three weeks, so need to up the distance and get the time in riding.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 1
Top Bottom