Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Clear skies, light westerly breeze, frosted rooves*. I reckon it's a winter morning.

*That's how we spelled them when I were a lad.

The second call was a bit more convincing which was worrying ! I think it was a recording of someone with a posh British accent ! They wanted me to press 1 !! :wacko:
I put the phone down .
We get that on occasion. I generally let them go on for a bit then ask why, as this is a German number, they are speaking English, and that furthermore in Germany cold calling is illegal, so where did they get my number from?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Me to, I'm not sure if I was supposed to though.
This is from Grammarist.com :

Roofs is the plural of roof in all varieties of English. Rooves is an old secondary form, and it still appears occasionally by analogy with other irregular plurals such as hooves, but it is not common enough to be considered standard.

If it is an old secondary form, then you were supposed to but you're not supposed to now.

postman

Legendary Member
The diabetes clinic says,30 mins a day for five days is all the exercise you need to help with your diabetes.So Cleaned the kitchen floor,hoovered the hallway front room and back room,ironed seven bits of clothing polo shirts and finally went in to the garden and broke down the soil in the strawberry patch and the new area for the raised bed.More than 30 mins,what a good boy am i .

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
The diabetes clinic says,30 mins a day for five days is all the exercise you need to help with your diabetes.So Cleaned the kitchen floor,hoovered the hallway front room and back room,ironed seven bits of clothing polo shirts and finally went in to the garden and broke down the soil in the strawberry patch and the new area for the raised bed.More than 30 mins,what a good boy am i .

That would be the government 150 mins a week recommendation. I wonder what research that came out of, or did a committee just decide the public would accept 30 mins a day, with a rest at the weekend?

Top Bottom