Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've done 100 'miles' on the turbo this year. I also bought a massage roller for a borked calf muscle. The turbo makes me sweat, the roller makes me wince. For some reason this is thought to be good for me.

Had our monster fir down Saturday, together with a smaller one.I've now got some logs I can't lift! Question is, axe or bomb for splitting. I might even hire a chain saw.

Trim all the small crappy bits off first, chain saw into (roughly) 8 inch lengths, then use a long-handled axe to split where necessary. Start at the top and work your way down to the base.

Use the logs you cut off to support the trunk while cutting - you want it well up off the floor, as any dirt / soil will blunt the chain really quickly.

In other news, on Sunday, I went out on the bike for the first time in a couple of months. :girldance: Am still a touch lurgified, but reckoned that a gentle bimble (about 6 miles or so) would do me more good than harm.

Man, I was so sloooooooooooooooooooooooow... :blush:

But did I need that or what... Was buzzing for ages after I got back. :hyper: Went out again for a bit today as well, despite the :cold:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
One little piece of mundane happines from Monday evening - I was in Cambridge for a gig at the Corn Exchange and parked at Grafton West (free added mundane info: its 80p per hour compared to the Grand Arcade next to the Corn Exchange at £1.20 per hour and less then 15 minute stroll away). I must have walked back quickly due to the cold, as expecting to pay for 4 hours parking, the machine showed 3hrs58minutes.

I have just bought some ink cartridges for my printer, three packs of expandable punch pockets, a handlebar extender thingy and two pairs of new old stock gardening gloves. The latter was a really good find, as they no longer make them in my size.

When I need to buy things off Amazon, I wait till I have enough things to qualify for free postage, then put in a batch order.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Well today is my first day at my new job , got to decide how I am going to commute to my new work place ?

I would normally use my Marin Bear Valley but I don't think it makes sense to work from the bedroom to the garage and then ride it back to my workspace under our stairs 😁
You need to take the long route, otherwise we'll never see this gate or this gate again :laugh:

Top Bottom