Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Having sent my application for my exemption from a Chamber of Commerce mandated training course and exam to be a trainer in Germany (on the basis I'm already qualified) by registered post about two months ago, and having been told it would take "two to three weeks" for approval, I chased it up today.

Apparently the Chamber of Commerce "lost the paperwork" between my local office and the central office in Stuttgart (which it turns out is closer than my "local" office anyway) so I need to send it again.

I was warned that they would quibble or delay before they gave me the certificate but I was expecting an excuse better than "The dog ate my homework"

Having sent my application for my exemption from a Chamber of Commerce mandated training course and exam to be a trainer in Germany (on the basis I'm already qualified) by registered post about two months ago, and having been told it would take "two to three weeks" for approval, I chased it up today.

Apparently the Chamber of Commerce "lost the paperwork" between my local office and the central office in Stuttgart (which it turns out is closer than my "local" office anyway) so I need to send it again.

I was warned that they would quibble or delay before they gave me the certificate but I was expecting an excuse better than "The dog ate my homework"
I thought they were supposed to be efficient ?

At losing things perhaps ! :whistle:

Did a spot of lumberjilling this morning. I will go back out shortly to collect the logs and stash them in the garage.

I had a fine lunch of two sausage rolls, one with sweet chilli sauce, one with mustard, two :cuppa: and a very large persimmon.

It is murky here, with the odd spot of drizzle, and the murkiness seems to be getting more murky.

Didn't bother putting out either the blue recycling wheelie bin or the black bag this week.

Can't you go directly to the central office and give it to the person responsible? :scratch:

Or maybe send multiple copies in the hope that one will get through - a bit like Harry Potter's Hogwarts letter... :whistle:

I thought they were supposed to be efficient ?

At losing things perhaps ! :whistle:

They just don't want to process it, because if I did the course they'd get about 2000€ for (I think) about 20 days training, whereas this way they can only charge me a 25€ handling fee.

On the other hand they cover the same topics as I was trained in, but I have about 200x the hours plus experience I'm not inclined to pay them through the nose to get an inferior qualification, and waste my time in the process...

classic33

Leg End Member

Would they be willing to accept that reason from you?
If not they shouldn't be using it themselves.

Would they be willing to accept that reason from you?
If not they shouldn't be using it themselves.

Agreed. But you know what a big bureaucracy is like: they're the same in any country, and they all know they can get away with this...

Last edited:
Up until they are asked lf they'd be willing to accept it from you. Then it's red faces and quiet answers all round.

They don't expect anyone to challenge them.

Unfortunately that doesn't work so well in this case. I've had colleagues go through the process and they just stonewall you: You get there eventually but they just try and make it difficult.

It doesn't help that my German is good, but not perfect. I've noticed as my German improved, do did the politeness levels of German bureaucrats...

Last edited:
Top Bottom