Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

I went out to Esslingen.

I'm back now.

It was -2°c. My beard froze.
That's worrying you don't have a beard :wacko:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I've just binge-watched 3 episodes of Life on Mars, streamed off the iPlayer. I enjoyed it first time round and my memory is so bad that I don't remember half of what I've been watching. Life's a marvel for people who can't remember the first time....they can have the first time again....

My mother's memory is so bad she'd re-reading books & magazines all the time. Mind, this morning she told a the carer she didn't know who I was!

D

Deleted member 26715

My mother's memory is so bad she'd re-reading books & magazines all the time. Mind, this morning she told a the carer she didn't know who I was!
It's not nice, I lost my mother years ago to dementia, she didn't know me for the last 3 years of her life, my father has just been confirmed with vascular dementia, mind you at 95 he's had a good innings.

mybike

It's not nice, I lost my mother years ago to dementia, she didn't know me for the last 3 years of her life, my father has just been confirmed with vascular dementia, mind you at 95 he's had a good innings.

My mother's memory seems to be variable. It's the wanting to go and see her mother that I hate.

D

Deleted member 26715

My mother's memory seems to be variable. It's the wanting to go and see her mother that I hate.
I fully understand that & the pain you feel when you come back out.

mybike

Trim all the small crappy bits off first, chain saw into (roughly) 8 inch lengths, then use a long-handled axe to split where necessary. Start at the top and work your way down to the base.

Use the logs you cut off to support the trunk while cutting - you want it well up off the floor, as any dirt / soil will blunt the chain really quickly.

Trouble is, my chain saw is just too small & some of the logs are heavy! Still I'm learning to use a long axe, I hit the same spot from time to time.

The shredder is earning it's keep tho'.

postman

Legendary Member
Mundane news,took a loaf of bread back to Sainsbury's today.Only bought it Tuesday it had a kind of white mess running through it.Looked like fluff.No problems.I had a laugh with security,as i was walking in i was holding the loaf in front of me to show them,and i said Irish shoplifter bringing stuff in .

classic33

Leg End Member
Mundane news,took a loaf of bread back to Sainsbury's today.Only bought it Tuesday it had a kind of white mess running through it.Looked like fluff.No problems.I had a laugh with security,as i was walking in i was holding the loaf in front of me to show them,and i said Irish shoplifter bringing stuff in .
Should have said you were delivering and couldn't find the delivery entrance.

Top Bottom