Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Iā€™m waiting for DPD to collect a package, Iā€™m having a cuppa while I wait.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
How big is your saw? I have a petrol-powered Stihl with a 14 inch bar, which will deal with most things. If your bar is too short, rotate the logs, or, if too heavy, rotate the saw.

As for the axe, practice, practice, practice... Pretend the logs you are splitting is the head of someone you hate or something. I find that works a treat... :laugh:

My bar is about 8 inches battery powered, adequate for anything else, except the remains of this tree. And yes, I'm practising with the axe! :hyper:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have a question for peeps on here who order items from USA. Much as I like sewing, I like to occasionally buy clothes that are unusual and supporting people in the textile industry. In this case it is fairly traded and from Nepal.

If I ordered this item https://store.greatergood.com/colle...ucts/46397-flowering-vines-fleece-wrap-jacket

What sort of import taxes will I pay? Or how do I find out please? Better still how do I find a UK supplier?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I have a question for peeps on here who order items from USA. Much as I like sewing, I like to occasionally buy clothes that are unusual and supporting people in the textile industry. In this case it is fairly traded and from Nepal.

If I ordered this item https://store.greatergood.com/colle...ucts/46397-flowering-vines-fleece-wrap-jacket

What sort of import taxes will I pay? Or how do I find out please? Better still how do I find a UK supplier?
I don't know, but I'm thinking about buying one for Mrs. GA.
Quite her style.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I'm washing my work clothes.

postman

Legendary Member
At lunchtime today.The computer stopped working.We turned it off,yes i know it was not working.We tried a different socket it came on the blue bar shone the went out.We tried again and same thing happened.So down to PC World.As we left i said lets take the lead with us,it could be a faulty connection.I was hoping we were not going to have to fork out Ā£300 to Ā£400 for a new one.So the first thing the chap did was plug it in with a shop lead and bingo it worked.So the cost for a lead Ā£11-99 one very happy tight Yorkshire Postman.And as you can see it works perf

Top Bottom