Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
At lunchtime today.The computer stopped working.We turned it off,yes i know it was not working.We tried a different socket it came on the blue bar shone the went out.We tried again and same thing happened.So down to PC World.As we left i said lets take the lead with us,it could be a faulty connection.I was hoping we were not going to have to fork out £300 to £400 for a new one.So the first thing the chap did was plug it in with a shop lead and bingo it worked.So the cost for a lead £11-99 one very happy tight Yorkshire Postman.And as you can see it works perf

Did you check the fuse in the plug?

£11.99?! You was robbed bruvva!

It was PC World, I think he got off lightly - they might have offered him an extended guarantee for £25.

Last edited:
It's only taken this long to get back to near normal .
Feeling a bit cold and achy .
I'll console myself by looking at pictures of classic bikes . :whistle:

mybike

Awh, a cute diddy little saw then - well, as much as chain saws can be cute. :laugh: I see your problem - may well be worthwhile hiring a bigger one for a couple of hours, then - something like what I use here. That would certainly make much lighter work of things.

Hitting things with an axe is incredibly therapeutic, isn't it? :becool:

Hiring one is the plan, I don't need it for anything else & having used the diddy one I have some feel for how they work. I don't enjoy cleaning them tho'. Otherwise, yes, and I'm gradually getting more accurate.

Last edited:

mybike

Why does our cat come and sit with me when I am in the toilet ??

Because this is what cats do. Poppy is the primary exponent of this here chez Casa Reynard.

Hiring one is the plan, I don't need it for anything else & having used the diddy one I have some feel for how they work. I don't enjoy cleaning them tho'. Otherwise, yes, and I'm gradually getting more accurate.

Just make sure that you hire one with a quick start or easy start, as a petrol-powered saw without that is an absolute devil to get going.

My late male parental unit, many moons ago, bought a Bosch saw without one because it was light, it looked pretty and it was rather cheap as these things go. I hated the bloomin' thing with a vengeance. Starting it was such a lottery (not what you need when there's a lot of work to be done) and after an incident where I lost my temper and gave it the full Basil Fawlty treatment, it got traded in the very next day for the Stihl. Was worth every penny to splurge, as the Stihl is a pleasure to use.

Been planning my trip down to Alresford on Wednesday. Bikes not in the equation this time, taking public transport.

A return between Cambridge and Ely costs me the same whatever the time of day, so am going to split my ticket - and my journey. That means I can get to Cambridge before 10 am at no additional cost, and then continue my journey after 10 am once my railcard kicks in. OK, it only saves me a couple of quid, but if connections are playing ball it does get me into Alton an hour earlier than if I didn't. And in turn, it gives me more time to spend in Alresford.

Not too fussed on the homewards leg, as I'll probably just curl up with a book and my thoughts. :blush:

Top Bottom