Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Rutland Water is a good ride though, as you mentioned, a bit exposed in places. Plus you can look at all the shiny new bikes in the Giant shop (and resist the urge to buy anything...). Enjoy!

When Totally Fixed was organising forum rides I did a few rides in the Rutland area, a very nice area to ride in.

I thought I would take advantage of a sunny spell before Dennis arrived . By the time I had got kitted up the cloud had covered the sun and was blowing a bit . I had planned to get a quick 5 mile ride in before the rain started. Battling against a headwind on the way out delayed my progress somewhat .
I was glad to reach the halfway point and could benefit from a tail wind . I stopped off at my favourite railway bridge to take a photo . Whilst at the bridge I saw a pair of Ravens flying overhead . They are pretty rare around here .
I'm having a rest now .

postman

Legendary Member
I got not one but two emails from Royal Mail The delivery office has got your parcel.delivery time today between just after 09-00 and 13-07 funny times.So i stays in ,guess what no no no sight of the van.Goes on to the tracking page yes delivery time same as,but this is not a guarantee ,BUT BUT BUT your delivery driver might bring it later WHAT WHAT is it on the van or not is it coming today or not.Why send out two emails with given times.I despair.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Off to Llanberis shortly for a 'beginners walking weekend'. Storm Dennis coming in tomorrow so organisers are doing low level walking (quite rightly) or if you chicken out, you can go to the pub. Got all my wet gear with me. Should be fun once back in the pub.

Just checked the location out and we are right next to a small river that caused all the flooding in recent years. The new flood improvements were completed in Autumn. Better hope they hold up as my car will be floating off and I won't be happy. :wacko:

Mrs F wan't impressed when I said 'can I take my bike' :bicycle::whistle:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Off to Llanberis shortly for a 'beginners walking weekend'. Storm Dennis coming in tomorrow so organisers are doing low level walking (quite rightly) or if you chicken out, you can go to the pub. Got all my wet gear with me. Should be fun once back in the pub.

Just checked the location out and we are right next to a small river that caused all the flooding in recent years. The new flood improvements were completed in Autumn. Better hope they hold up as my car will be floating off and I won't be happy. :wacko:

Mrs F wan't impressed when I said 'can I take my bike' :bicycle::whistle:

Enjoy , shame you won’t be able to go higher. Some lovely mountain views and walking round there.

I have a sore throat :sad:
Oh dear ! :sad:.

I had 2 Minis in the past. A 1965 850 and a 1970 1000. Both were great little cars. The main problem that I had was forgetting about checking the battery electrolyte levels as they were tucked away in the boot .
I also had an Austin Metro HLS with a 1300 A+series engine which kept using up alternators. Looking back I would prefer a mini .

1969 vintage, mine; 998cc, twin SU, competition cam... :whistle: Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! ^_^

Top Bottom