Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Lavender bushes cut back this morning, total of six sacks of garden rubbish taken to the recycling centre.

I can tell it's half term round here as all I can hear are my neighbour's three grandchildren screaming the walls down.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Thanks folks, I was bit ambivalent about it on the way to the interview but when they told me what the job was for and about I got very interested in it, it's just part time but that is all I want.

Just after replying I got an email from an organisation in Freudenstadt inviting me to an interview; I only applied yesterday and they want me next week. The job description say I'd be working with "small groups, occupational therapy, cognitive training, assistance in occupational rehabilitation, and creative workshops" which could be pretty much what I'm trained to do, or it could be something I barely recognise. We shall see.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Just after replying I got an email from an organisation in Freudenstadt inviting me to an interview; I only applied yesterday and they want me next week. The job description say I'd be working with "small groups, occupational therapy, cognitive training, assistance in occupational rehabilitation, and creative workshops" which could be pretty much what I'm trained to do, or it could be something I barely recognise. We shall see.
Good luck, I hope it’s what you’re after. I’ll be driving and and assisting in activities for For visually impaired people. It’s way out of my comfort zone, I’m looking forward to the challenge.

And now I just had a call inviting me to an interview near Freiburg in two weeks. This looks a good place and happens to be right next to one of the most cycle friendly cities in Germany.

I'm going to be busy over the next 14 days...

Good luck, I hope it’s what you’re after. I’ll be driving and and assisting in activities for For visually impaired people. It’s way out of my comfort zone, I’m looking forward to the challenge.

Thanks. Your work sounds interesting too. I've had a few visually impaired people in my internships, in fact I worked with one lad for my first exam. He also was 90% deaf, and of Turkish background, so between his Turkish German + deafness and my English German we had a lot of fun communicating.

He was sent to where I worked because he had "Learning difficulties"; yeah right. He could work out how to use the tools, including power tools, by touching them: I'd give him a power tool (unplugged, obviously) and he'd look at it with his one working (20%) eye and poke it or twist things, and three minutes later he could operate it.

"Learning difficulties" my bottom.

I think you'll have fun in your job. What activities will you be doing?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Thanks. Your work sounds interesting too. I've had a few visually impaired people in my internships, in fact I worked with one lad for my first exam. He also was 90% deaf, and of Turkish background, so between his Turkish German + deafness and my English German we had a lot of fun communicating.

He was sent to where I worked because he had "Learning difficulties"; yeah right. He could work out how to use the tools, including power tools, by touching them: I'd give him a power tool (unplugged, obviously) and he'd look at it with his one working (20%) eye and poke it or twist things, and three minutes later he could operate it.

"Learning difficulties" my bottom.

I think you'll have fun in your job. What activities will you be doing?
Various activities including but not limited to, tennis, running, bowling, and my fave cycling with a tandem.

Top Bottom