Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pipework and wall feels dry . About to take up the floor !:ohmy:
We are rigged for silent running but I can't stop the chief engineer from using a load of swear words !

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Pipework and wall feels dry . About to take up the floor !:ohmy:
We are rigged for silent running but I can't stop the chief engineer from using a load of swear words !
1585910455837.png

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Oh dear ! It's Das Boot time again !
I just noticed a damp patch on the ceiling ! Looks like a plumbing job to do ! :angry:
A plumbing job, or ...
"Who ya gonna call?"

I'm playing battleships !
I've rolled up the flooring and lifted several floorboards . I can't seem to get access to where I want to . I tried using my mobile phone to look under the floor and it is b****y useless ! The damp area seems to be where the bathroom sink unit is fitted and I don't fancy removing that as it is all sealed to the wall along with the sink .
All of the pipework I can reach feels dry . :wacko:

carlosfandangus

Über Member
Mine went on the bend of the pipework to the sink (below the floor), when copper is bent the outside of the bend stretches and becomes thinner (pin hole in the tube), I was lucky as the pipework involved was above the set back front door and I managed to access it by taking the ceiling down (piece of plywood) that went back easily.

Good luck in tracing, I feel your pain.

D

Deleted member 26715

I'm playing battleships !
I've rolled up the flooring and lifted several floorboards . I can't seem to get access to where I want to . I tried using my mobile phone to look under the floor and it is b****y useless ! The damp area seems to be where the bathroom sink unit is fitted and I don't fancy removing that as it is all sealed to the wall along with the sink .
All of the pipework I can reach feels dry . :wacko:
Problem with water is it flows to the lowest point, I once took up a full oak floor only to find the leak in another room. Are you sure it's the pipes & not the waste that's leaking?

Top Bottom