Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bed for me. Nunnight.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Being and early bird, being Sunday and having the TV to myself, I thought I’d start my newly acquired Babylon 5. So I am currently watching the first episode, The Gathering, as I type this (I’m 32 minutes into the episode).

I’ve already spotted two Star Trek actors which is positive. The aliens all look great. But I am struggling with the writing. The story is a little underwhelming and the dialogue atrocious (sorry, @Reynard ). I will stick with it as pilot episodes are usually bad. I do see the potential. I’m hoping this episode improves and the next couple are much better written and more engaging.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Morning. I have tea.
the Fragrant MrsP is going to run a virtual half marathon today.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Being and early bird, being Sunday and having the TV to myself, I thought I’d start my newly acquired Babylon 5. So I am currently watching the first episode, The Gathering, as I type this (I’m 32 minutes into the episode).

I’ve already spotted two Star Trek actors which is positive. The aliens all look great. But I am struggling with the writing. The story is a little underwhelming and the dialogue atrocious (sorry, @Reynard ). I will stick with it as pilot episodes are usually bad. I do see the potential. I’m hoping this episode improves and the next couple are much better written and more engaging.
Yeah, you will need to persist a little. In my rewatching I've found the dialogue to be ... of its time! But the same could be said of ST of that vintage too. What you will find is you begin to warm to the characters and that the storylines and running themes and threads develop more richness. Hopefully!

Top Bottom