Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Contemplating abandoning the strimmer idea and go for an exciting ride instead . :banghead:

Or l could encourage the dogs in their desire to tear one of the cats apart...decisions , decisions !!

carlosfandangus

Über Member
Just for you @IaninSheffield, this mornings ride, I had to turn back and use another route, I was going to go around Douglas Head on the way home, however the winds were so strong I couldn't stay in the centre of the road, the cliffs were getting too close!

Attachments

• 20200405_111258.jpg
    20200405_111258.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200405_110729.jpg
    20200405_110729.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200405_113551.jpg
    20200405_113551.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200405_111020.jpg
    20200405_111020.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I’ve been out, came back in, went out again, now back in having a cuppa

This just arrived:

Burgerstiftung_gift.JPG

The doorbell rang and I couldn't figure who it was so I went downstairs and a lady handed this to me: "The Bürgerstiftung (Lit: "Citizens foundation", or "Civic foundation") is giving these out to younger children because we realise it must be really boring being stuck at home all day."

It contains a craft set to make some unicorns and a bubble toy for Beautiful Daughter. There was no charge; it's a free gift. It was delivered because we are registered here and Beautiful Daughter goes to Kindergarten, and someone decided it would be a nice idea.

There are at a couple of hundred children of kindergarten age in our village alone, and a heck of a lot more in the rest of the town they serve. It's also clearly ordered from a shop in the village, which means a local shop had a bulk order at a time they desperately need some income.

They could have ordered it online from a wholesaler, but they didn't.

They could have said "only German families", but they didn't.

Many of you know I'm a grumpy old cynic, but I will happily admit to getting a bit emotional about this...

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I've cleaned out the guttering on the house this morning.

Now, watching the Tour of Flanders being raced virtually on BKool - I'm watching 'live' on GCN Racing on YouTube. The BKool system stream is periodically freezing, but the GCN commentator accepts this is a new way of doing things and is just getting on with it. Good for him! Van Aert, De Gendt, Evenepoel, Lampaert plus many others racing (apologies for my spelling of names).

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
So how does this work, do they have to have identical trainers? how does drafting work,
I don't know, but I very much doubt they all have the same trainer. Drafting probably works same as on Zwift. The riders are working the same as in a real life race.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you any more as I've given up - the BKool stream is freezing and glitching so often I've lost patience. So now, I'm watching how Hank did on his 24 hour Zwift ride on GCN.

Top Bottom