Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Well i told you this moving lark was easy. Well it just got even better. Tonight we are going to crack open a bottle of fizzy,prosecco or something,well that led me to go to the off license. I am now the proud owner of four cans of Budweiser can't say i have had this before, got to celebrate daughter coming home,she and Mrs P are having a right clear out of things,i have nailed the dining room door shut,i'm not taking any chances.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Heh, well I *am* half Belgian. :laugh:

It's not just the frieten-mayonnaise, but the chocolate, the cheeses, the charcuterie, sausages, waffles and those poncy little decorated cake things you see in the brood en banketbakkerij... :hungry:

P.S. M'mother hails from Ghent but lived on the coast until she moved to the UK.
Ahh ! now l get the picture . In another life l had a lot of Belgian customers and l have spent many hours eating and drinking in their most convivial company ! Mind you , and this is not the place to go into any details, some of my Belgian business "compadres" had "interesting" intentions and backgrounds. No criticism inferred , l have fond memories of them all ^_^ !

Ahh ! now l get the picture . In another life l had a lot of Belgian customers and l have spent many hours eating and drinking in their most convivial company ! Mind you , and this is not the place to go into any details, some of my Belgian business "compadres" had "interesting" intentions and backgrounds. No criticism inferred , l have fond memories of them all ^_^ !

Belgian hospitality (especially in the Flanders) is epic. :smile:

The only thing the Belgians don't do terribly well is a decent cup of tea. Which is a problem, since, like most dwellers here in Albion, I drink tea by the gallon.

I got off at Lahr-im-Schwarzwald and cycled the last 30k. Very nice it was too...

Eh, the old home made versus takeaway thing... :whistle:

I got taught how to make chips by an elderly Belgian lady who was a family friend. She'd been in service as a cook in the 1930s and her chips were just the bees knees. :blush:
My mum and dad were in service . I think my dad was a butler up in Derbyshire at one time . He was quite young at the time but if you think about it quite a lot of men had been wiped out by the 1st WW.

Top Bottom