Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I've thought about one of those on a number of occasions, but realised I simply wouldn't use it enough.

I usually do home made oven chips / spicy wedges, or nip to the village chippy if I'm feeling lazy, but right now, trotting off to the chippy is right out and I fancy proper chips. :laugh:

Anyways, off to the kitchen I go... :becool:

I use ours like a mini fan assisted oven.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Get a recumbent trike.

I'd have trouble getting up off that!

Today's theme for the photography challenge is "Three"

NR1F6353_small.jpg

Three cake slice thingies. Am right out of cake though...

Sorry have to disagree with you there about chips in beef dripping. I tried Hairy Pramsdens once and they had me continually burping afterwards with a beefy taste . xx(

Eh, the old home made versus takeaway thing... :whistle:

I got taught how to make chips by an elderly Belgian lady who was a family friend. She'd been in service as a cook in the 1930s and her chips were just the bees knees. :blush:

postman

Legendary Member
oh this moving lark is easy.Now the van has gone,we have boxes and bags all over downstairs.What can i do, i asked. Keep out of the way. :hyper: Yes .

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Left that ruddy flat sparkling.What a job. Anyway left Edinburgh at 19-30 last night a home Leeds 23-10 . How about that.Miles and miles of motorway without a car lorry or whatever. Now my back and hip ache and my ankle is also in a bit of trouble,why you ask ,staircases hard stone Edinburgh staircases.Up and down up and down she was the top floor it seems the building is a 140 years old.So no service lifts ha ha.Carried everything out by hand. Did i tell you i slept very well last night.Anyway in about half a hour the rental van is coming with the final household stuff,which is going in the conservatory, the one which looks lovely at the moment,,but by 11-00 it will be full of stuff ,for months i think. It is great to have daughter home.
Chapeau! to you Sir:okay:

woodbutcher

Veteran
Beef dripping ....you have activated a Time Machine and taken me back to my childhood :ohmy:
Eh, the old home made versus takeaway thing... :whistle:

I got taught how to make chips by an elderly Belgian lady who was a family friend. She'd been in service as a cook in the 1930s and her chips were just the bees knees. :blush:
Chips especially with a side order of mayo. Blindfold me and ask me which country l am in ? No hesitation Belgium...masters of the art !

Beef dripping ....you have activated a Time Machine and taken me back to my childhood :ohmy:
Chips especially with a side order of mayo. Blindfold me and ask me which country l am in ? No hesitation Belgium...masters of the art !

Heh, well I *am* half Belgian. :laugh:

It's not just the frieten-mayonnaise, but the chocolate, the cheeses, the charcuterie, sausages, waffles and those poncy little decorated cake things you see in the brood en banketbakkerij... :hungry:

P.S. M'mother hails from Ghent but lived on the coast until she moved to the UK.

Top Bottom