Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can l give a plug for an air fryer . we have a Tefal "Actifry" which will "fry" up to 1 kg of potato chips at a go !
And thats on one TEASPOON of sunflower oil. 'course you can fry other stuff like chicken , fish etc, and when you get used to operating method it is pretty damn good !

I've thought about one of those on a number of occasions, but realised I simply wouldn't use it enough.

I usually do home made oven chips / spicy wedges, or nip to the village chippy if I'm feeling lazy, but right now, trotting off to the chippy is right out and I fancy proper chips. :laugh:

Anyways, off to the kitchen I go... :becool:

woodbutcher

Veteran
I've thought about one of those on a number of occasions, but realised I simply wouldn't use it enough.

I usually do home made oven chips / spicy wedges, or nip to the village chippy if I'm feeling lazy, but right now, trotting off to the chippy is right out and I fancy proper chips. :laugh:

Thats ok 'cos you live in UK ...there ain't no village chippy in darkest Midi-Pyrénées but l couldn't give a damn !

Thats ok 'cos you live in UK ...there ain't no village chippy in darkest Midi-Pyrénées but l couldn't give a damn !

Actually, I might only go twice a year, maybe three times tops. :blush: They're expensive, and, if I were brutally honest, not that good.

But they get a lot of trade because we're so far out into the boonies.

And besides, I fry my chips in beef dripping. ^_^

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place

Spicy wedges tonight for me, along with roasted red onions and a Cranston's Cumberland sausage (and some Fell Brewery Mosaic).

Actually, I might only go twice a year, maybe three times tops. :blush: They're expensive, and, if I were brutally honest, not that good.

But they get a lot of trade because we're so far out into the boonies.

And besides, I fry my chips in beef dripping. ^_^
Sorry have to disagree with you there about chips in beef dripping. I tried Hairy Pramsdens once and they had me continually burping afterwards with a beefy taste . xx(

Morning .
I'm rushing around like a mad thing here !
I wish there wasn't so much fake news on the net ! :whistle:
I think I'll go and make another :cuppa:.

I was just listening to a bit of an item on the TV . 2 peeps were discussing shops having old stock and possibly having to discount it so that they could get some new fashions in .One of the peeps said that how a new dress lifts their spirits. I was just thinking that you don't see Monty Don turning up on Gardeners World with a new wheelbarrow or wearing new wellies !
Each to their own I suppose ! :wacko:

Last edited:
Top Bottom