Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've realised I'll be making my last train connection mid-afternoon at Offenburg, which is about 50k from my apartment and connected to my village by one of the Rhine cycleways.

I'm debating the wisdom of dropping the last connection and cycling up the valley.

Only problem is that my map doesn't cover most of the route...

postman

Legendary Member
Left that ruddy flat sparkling.What a job. Anyway left Edinburgh at 19-30 last night a home Leeds 23-10 . How about that.Miles and miles of motorway without a car lorry or whatever. Now my back and hip ache and my ankle is also in a bit of trouble,why you ask ,staircases hard stone Edinburgh staircases.Up and down up and down she was the top floor it seems the building is a 140 years old.So no service lifts ha ha.Carried everything out by hand. Did i tell you i slept very well last night.Anyway in about half a hour the rental van is coming with the final household stuff,which is going in the conservatory, the one which looks lovely at the moment,,but by 11-00 it will be full of stuff ,for months i think. It is great to have daughter home.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
Good morning all, 2nd coffee on the go, just let the rabbits out and marveled at our Christmas tree, 8 years ago it was 2 ft tall in a pot, I planted it in the tree border from the back of the house to the park, its now about 30 ft tall, too tall to put a star on !!!!.
Can't believe how much fresh growth our Christmas tree has at the moment

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Good morning all, 2nd coffee on the go, just let the rabbits out and marveled at our Christmas tree, 8 years ago it was 2 ft tall in a pot, I planted it in the tree border from the back of the house to the park, its now about 30 ft tall, too tall to put a star on !!!!.

Our has been in the garden about 5 years and is about 6ft tall but has only really started growing in the last couple

carlosfandangus

Über Member
Our has been in the garden about 5 years and is about 6ft tall but has only really started growing in the last couple
Ours has gone through a real growth spurt the last 2 years, since I cut back the neigbours laurel hedge and an overhanging oak, the extra sun has meant it has shot up, lots of new bright green growth on it, I used to put a string of solar lights on it in winter, its too big now

Top Bottom