Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
It is my all time favourite film, the best film ever made.
A lot of convolutions in that tale. Ian Fleming wrote the books, and the fellow who produced the James Bond Films, Albert Broccoli, produced Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. He originally was going to work from a script by Earl Hamner(The Waltons) but wound up having Roald Dahl lead the script. Broccoli got the idea after the success of Mary Poppins, and got Dick Van Dyke to play the lead, which he did with aplomb, although with the usually poor interpretation of a British accent.(like you would have, being born quite nearer to me than you).

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
A lot of convolutions in that tale. Ian Fleming wrote the books, and the fellow who produced the James Bond Films, Albert Broccoli, produced Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. He originally was going to work from a script by Earl Hamner(The Waltons) but wound up having Roald Dahl lead the script. Broccoli got the idea after the success of Mary Poppins, and got Dick Van Dyke to play the lead, which he did with aplomb, although with the usually poor interpretation of a British accent.(like you would have, being born quite nearer to me than you).
Quite a lot of that film’s location is near me, the windmill is about 40 minutes bike ride away.

I believe the song writers on chitty were the same as on poppins.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Last edited:
I’m considering the matter of purchasing a cycling cap. I have never owned a cycling cap, and I think it would make me look rather dashing. Bontrager have one in a colour very close to that of my road bike for one penny under fifteen pounds. I am tempted, I shall give the idea some thought.

My word, there's no end to your recklessness.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
In the book the car was a racing Bentley. :becool:

I'm not sure I woke up enough today to get tired enough to go to sleep but I'm not awake enough to stay awake. Evening for you lot, night night for me.

That's how I've felt today.

Maybe a nice squishy chocolate and cream dessert might perk me up a bit.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
More useless information discovered today - doing a bottlebank run I found the maximum carrying capacity of the main compartment of my PlanetX backpack to be 4 x 660ml bottles, 8 x 500ml bottles, 8 x 250ml bottles and 2 x 500g pasta sauce jars.

And I still can't update my TomTom as the servers are too busy. t's a good job I'm not going anywhere.

classic33

Leg End Member
More useless information discovered today - doing a bottlebank run I found the maximum carrying capacity of the main compartment of my PlanetX backpack to be 4 x 660ml bottles, 8 x 500ml bottles, 8 x 250ml bottles and 2 x 500g pasta sauce jars.

And I still can't update my TomTom as the servers are too busy. t's a good job I'm not going anywhere.
No A to Z handy?

Top Bottom