Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Slept in till 7:30 this morning unlike me

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Morning.
We went outside at 11.30 last night to watch the Percy Thrower meteor shower. I think that's what they are called.
I think there might have been thin layer of cloud moving about as the stars weren't too clear .
We could see faint flashes of lightning way off in the distance , no sounds. I managed to see 1 satellite, the Spice Station . I think! It was traveling West to East. 5 meteors.

Did the same at about 10, but could see some massive flashes, so mad run round the garden covering up furniture, getting the cats in etc. Passed us by in the distance. Drat. Love a good thunderstorm.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
When my Father was working in Mauritius, we used to go and stay with him for six weeks in July and August. The house he lived in had a corrugated iron roof. In a heavy tropical rainstorm, we could barely hear ourselves think because of the noise.

Having the Indian Ocean (or a bay thereof) at the end of the garden was a considerable bonus. In the sixties, Grande Baie was a tiny village with two shops. I expect it has changed slightly.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
When my Father was working in Mauritius, we used to go and stay with him for six weeks in July and August. The house he lived in had a corrugated iron roof. In a heavy tropical rainstorm, we could barely hear ourselves think because of the noise.

Having the Indian Ocean (or a bay thereof) at the end of the garden was a considerable bonus. In the sixties, Grande Baie was a tiny village with two shops. I expect it has changed slightly.
A bit more than 'slightly' I think! Check it out on Google Earth :ohmy:

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Sheet lightning is rather different to the fork lightning we get in the UK. ^_^
We get sheet lightning here too but I like to see forked lighning (as long as its not too near me!). A house down the bottom of the road had a hole blown in the roof once.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I have battened down the hatches and drawn all of the curtains in the front of the house to try to stop the heat from coming in . It is 27C already in here . I bet it is in the high thirties outside .
I think it may about time you all bought a/c units. That is about the temps we used to have in late August here. That has changed. We get heat in late June to late July here, in that range, August is cooler than it used to be, around 30 or less most of the time. In my humble opinion, about time we ditched most of the cars and went to electric vehicles fed by wind and solar power. We might contain and extract methane from cow manure as well.

Top Bottom