Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Don't think my son had written long trousers since he came back from NZ over 2 years ago.
If I was still in the office I would have do the "smart business casual" thing which probably rules out shorts.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes, thanks. The door refused to open, so I went up a floor, still shut. But as I pressed the alarm button, someone on the 4th summoned it and the doors opened while I was confirming for the 3rd time that I was alone in the lift. The person who'd called it saw me shouting at the emergency guy over a very bad phone line and asked me if it was fixed. As though shouting at someone who can hardly hear you actually fixes lifts! The daftest question I'm likely to hear all day.
Only time I was stuck in a lift, the person on the other end of the phone sounded more distressed than me. The panic in her voice was clear.

Having left work(YOP scheme) early I'd still half a flask of "coffee" and something to eat. Three hours after the first call, the fire brigade lowered the lift to the floor below. They asked if I wanted the doors closing for a while longer.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nothing here. A hot and stifling night.

Time for a :cuppa:
That's a good idea, too hot to go to bed yet. :heat: :surrender:

Top Bottom