Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I just got stuck in the lift. There's one thing I forgot to put on my bucket list.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Everything okay now?
Yes, thanks. The door refused to open, so I went up a floor, still shut. But as I pressed the alarm button, someone on the 4th summoned it and the doors opened while I was confirming for the 3rd time that I was alone in the lift. The person who'd called it saw me shouting at the emergency guy over a very bad phone line and asked me if it was fixed. As though shouting at someone who can hardly hear you actually fixes lifts! The daftest question I'm likely to hear all day.

tyred

Legendary Member
It has occurred to me that I have only worn shorts this summer.

The day in March when we got chased out the office and ordered to work from home was the last day that I wore trousers. Not allowed to go to the office and no social events allowed so no reason to get dressed up and the weather has been warm so shorts it is.

Will feel strange when it gets colder and I need to wear long trousers again.

Hot, humid, overcast and not a breath of wind here chez Casa Reynard. Not even last night's beans made a difference... The odd spit and spot of rain, but not actually amounting to anything.

We had a brief power cut this morning, probably a lightning strike somewhere.

Spent the morning cutting grass, and I have also prepared some ingredients for tonight's supper. I only have a little bit of grass left to cut after lunch, and that's as much as I can do until it cools down. I'll need to wear jeans and long sleeves to do the rest, and that's not going to happen right now.

Then maybe I can spent the rest of the afternoon working on the bike build.

tyred

Legendary Member
My phone is now fully charged.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sweltering. De-camped my work into the garden as the shed and conservatory is too hot. Did 10 miles or so at lunch on the MTB, and my word, was it warm... Had to catch a breather at the top of a climb before hauling the MTB up some steep steps to the canal - just no air. My jersey was dripping wet and as heavy as if it had come out of a bucket of water.

Top Bottom