Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Schrodie is laying on some cool concrete in the shade . He's not mad .

The cloud has burnt off, and bggr, is it hot.

I did cut the grass straight after lunch, as it was a case of "if I don't, I won't"

My treat was to work on the bike build. Tyres have gone on the new wheels, and my do they look smart. :becool: Did hit a couple of snags though. One is that it's very tight to get the wheel into the dropouts, so will need to get some threaded bar to sort that. And two, the pair of QR skewers that came with the wheels don't match. :cry: So I shall have to send in a suitably-worded complaint.

As Germany is an hour ahead of the UK, no point doing that right now. And as in all these situations, a :cuppa: is called for.

D

Deleted member 1258

The cloud has burnt off, and bggr, is it hot.

I did cut the grass straight after lunch, as it was a case of "if I don't, I won't"

My treat was to work on the bike build. Tyres have gone on the new wheels, and my do they look smart. :becool: Did hit a couple of snags though. One is that it's very tight to get the wheel into the dropouts, so will need to get some threaded bar to sort that. And two, the pair of QR skewers that came with the wheels don't match. :cry: So I shall have to send in a suitably-worded complaint.

As Germany is an hour ahead of the UK, no point doing that right now. And as in all these situations, a :cuppa: is called for.

Its been 80 Fahrenheit in our lounge this afternoon and hotter outside.:heat::heat::heat:

Its been 80 Fahrenheit in our lounge this afternoon and hotter outside.:heat::heat::heat:

It's hovering around 27C here too, but I'm upstairs, and the room I'm in faces southwest and is above the treeline. It is about 22C downstairs.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Hot, humid, overcast and not a breath of wind here chez Casa Reynard. Not even last night's beans made a difference... The odd spit and spot of rain, but not actually amounting to anything.

We had a brief power cut this morning, probably a lightning strike somewhere.
Snap! Just a brief power cut. No nearby lightning that I know of. As it's 31.4° in here, I somehow doubt it was people turning up the central heating.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
It has occurred to me that I have only worn shorts this summer.

The day in March when we got chased out the office and ordered to work from home was the last day that I wore trousers. Not allowed to go to the office and no social events allowed so no reason to get dressed up and the weather has been warm so shorts it is.

Will feel strange when it gets colder and I need to wear long trousers again.
Other than at the office, I've not worn a shirt since Friday as it's been so hot.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Today was numptie day at work - does the sun bring out the stupid in some people?

If it wasn't for being on a run of early shifts where I don't drink, a couple of cold cans of something lager flavoured would go down a treat right now. Instead a mug of hot chocolate and a large helping of ice cream before bed will have to do.

Top Bottom