Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mmmmm, those chicken enchiladas went down a treat with soured cream and guacamole. :hungry:

P.S. Also had black beans, sweetcorn, pepper, onion and courgette in the enchiladas.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It's obviously Mexican Night chez Ristorante CycleChat :becool:
Maz is back on the 5:2 diet and a Fajita is reasonably low calorie as I don't use much oil when frying them*, the only 'naughty' bit is some Sour Cream and Chive dip on the top of the salad.

* I fry the Chicken, Peppers, Onion, Chilli and Spices in the traditional Wok so I can use a metal slotted spoon to stop it sticking if I used a 'non stick'pan I'd need much more Oil or risk damaging the pan

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It's obviously Mexican Night chez Ristorante CycleChat :becool:
I declared this evening too hot for cooking as it was over 30 degrees indoors. A substantial salad stood in for sustenance.*

*I just tried and that's a surprisingly tricky sentence to say out loud.

Maz is back on the 5:2 diet and a Fajita is reasonably low calorie as I don't use much oil when frying them*, the only 'naughty' bit is some Sour Cream and Chive dip on the top of the salad.

* I fry the Chicken, Peppers, Onion, Chilli and Spices in the traditional Wok so I can use a metal slotted spoon to stop it sticking if I used a 'non stick'pan I'd need much more Oil or risk damaging the pan

Likewise my enchiladas are reasonably healthy.

I do the tomato sauce in the crock pot (can of tomatoes plus water to rinse, a stock cube, onion, garlic, oregano, cinnamon, cumin, smoked paprika and chipotle chillies), then a couple of hours before supper, I take out just over half the sauce and put that aside to pour over. Then I throw the vegetables (minus beans and sweetcorn) into the crock pot and they effectively steam in the sauce. I tend to use cooked chicken as well, ergo no oil needed.

The only really naughty bits are the cheese on top and the sour cream on the side.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Likewise my enchiladas are reasonably healthy.

I do the tomato sauce in the crock pot (can of tomatoes plus water to rinse, a stock cube, onion, garlic, oregano, cinnamon, cumin, smoked paprika and chipotle chillies), then a couple of hours before supper, I take out just over half the sauce and put that aside to pour over. Then I throw the vegetables (minus beans and sweetcorn) into the crock pot and they effectively steam in the sauce. I tend to use cooked chicken as well, ergo no oil needed.

The only really naughty bits are the cheese on top and the sour cream on the side.
The only time I've done Beef Enchiladas is when you could get square 'wraps', I know I could trim tortillas down but TBH I like being able to eat with my fingers and a Fajita or a Burrito are perfect for that.

BTW the full meal version involves potato wedges and a Garlic Mayo dip, the 'light version' is only 1 large Chicken breast between the 2 of us sliced quite thinly.

Top Bottom