Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Seeings that a Human brain is an organic computer... I quite like my dreams when they do play ball... :blush:

Anyways, speaking of, it's high time I hightailed it off to bed. Nunnight one and all! :hello:

classic33

Leg End Member
Is this proof that time travel is possible?
IMG_20200915_020710.jpg

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Cleaned the bike yesterday after a dusty ride on Sunday. Found a broken spoke. I’ve never replaced a spoke before so took the wheel to the bike shop. If they fixed it, how long would it take? It’d be ready by the middle of October! Could they sell me the spoke so I can fix it myself? Yes! Wait, no! Not in stock. So this morning I’ll be trying to source a new spoke. I’ll buy a few spares too.

I need to fix it as I have a DIY audax on Thursday!

Cleaned the bike yesterday after a dusty ride on Sunday. Found a broken spoke. I’ve never replaced a spoke before so took the wheel to the bike shop. If they fixed it, how long would it take? It’d be ready by the middle of October! Could they sell me the spoke so I can fix it myself? Yes! Wait, no! Not in stock. So this morning I’ll be trying to source a new spoke. I’ll buy a few spares too.

I need to fix it as I have a DIY audax on Thursday!
Front or rear wheel ?
If it is the rear wheel you may have to remove the rear sprockets depending on which side it is located .
It is quite easy just to replace a single spoke .
If you ever get any old damaged wheels it can be useful to remove the spokes and nipples as spares .

Morning .
Looks like it is going to be another good day.
We had a nice day down at the seaside yesterday but the drive down was held up by road works and traffic . It seemed as though all of those working from home had decided to have the day off and go to the beach .
Corfe Castle looked really impressive standing perched high up on a hill . We turned left and headed for Old Harry Rocks .
Parking was a problem as a lot of the places were full , but we did find a National Trust place at South Beach where we could park . Surprisingly there weren't that many people on the beach, they were probably either in the pubs or in their boats.
The return journey was quite once we got past Corfe Castle .

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Yesterday evening a hot air balloon flew over my house.

Some years ago, a hot air balloon nearly didn't fly over my house! It was far too low, and as I live at the top of a hill, he had to gain some height very extremely really quickly. cue lots of loud whissing and hooshing noises.
I'll bet there were some wooshing and hissing noises, too. A balloon race once started near our house, when I was a kid.

Top Bottom