Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Warm, sunny and a light breeze here chez Casa Reynard.

Still feeling rather tired and run down, so have done some gentle puttering about and stretched another piece of watercolour paper. I am really pleased with the painting of the Ivatt, so I'm going to do another railway-themed one. Sticking with the Mid Hants I think, but moving from Alresford to Medstead & Four Marks.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Got sent home from work, as I had fever and headache overnight. The sun is orange, due to the smoke in the upper atmosphere, because of the fires on the west coast. So I'm all about the news this morning. I have to go and get tested for Covid.
I hope you simply have an ordinary little bug. I had a swab test this morning, self administered, as part of an Office of National Statistics research project. I can stick swabs up my nose all day but find the back of the throat thing almost impossible.

That pollution from the west coast fires is astonishing. The fires are 2/3rds of a continent away!

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Front or rear wheel ?
If it is the rear wheel you may have to remove the rear sprockets depending on which side it is located .
It is quite easy just to replace a single spoke .
If you ever get any old damaged wheels it can be useful to remove the spokes and nipples as spares .
It was the rear wheel. I managed to get a new spoke this morning. I had to remove both the cassette and disc rotor. All went well and the wheel is back on the bike. It’s 97% ish true which is good enough for me. Aiming for truing perfection is the path to madness. Plus I don’t have the patience. :laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The conservatory office is too hot, so gone to the sofa office. :laugh:

Just about to have lunch, when my 93 year old neighbour comes and bangs on my door and accuses me of stealing his battery charger. Won't listen to anything I say and storms off telling me never to darken his door again. (I won't, he keeps a shotgun.)

Now I *do* have a battery charger. But it's one I bought in Screwfix just over a year and a half ago ago after my old one went tits up, and I still have the box, instructions and till receipt - including the slip for my bank card. I lent the charger to him last year when he couldn't get his mower started. Either he's under the impression that mine is his, or he does have one and simply can't find it...

I've known the guy for 35 years, and that's just left me totally flabbergasted, angry and betrayed. Did our friendship mean so little that he's willing to do that? I'd bought him some beers the other night meaning to drop them by later in the week. I've just poured them down the sink in a fit of pique.

He's normally a really rational chap that you can reason with, and this is well out of character for him.

I am soooooooooooo bloody cross. :angry:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Just about to have lunch, when my 93 year old neighbour comes and bangs on my door and accuses me of stealing his battery charger. Won't listen to anything I say and storms off telling me never to darken his door again. (I won't, he keeps a shotgun.)

Now I *do* have a battery charger. But it's one I bought in Screwfix just over a year and a half ago ago after my old one went tits up, and I still have the box, instructions and till receipt - including the slip for my bank card. I lent the charger to him last year when he couldn't get his mower started. Either he's under the impression that mine is his, or he does have one and simply can't find it...

I've known the guy for 35 years, and that's just left me totally flabbergasted, angry and betrayed. Did our friendship mean so little that he's willing to do that? I'd bought him some beers the other night meaning to drop them by later in the week. I've just poured them down the sink in a fit of pique.

He's normally a really rational chap that you can reason with, and this is well out of character for him.

I am soooooooooooo bloody cross. :angry:
He may be losing his grip on reality, you know.

Top Bottom