Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member

If it has real strawberry it must be healthy...

gbb

Legendary Member
If it's low in the sky, I've no chance of seeing it. M62 to the south of me. Always well lit up.
It's one of the brightest things in the sky at the moment so...maybe you can. When I say low...its not horizon low but one of the lowest lights visible. I notice there must be hazy cloud out there tonight, non stars visible, or anything else.

Next thing to identify, 5am, theres an even brighter 'star' visible to the east, extremely bright, this morning it was to the right of a crescent moon. I did wonder if it's a satellite ?

classic33

Leg End Member
It's one of the brightest things in the sky at the moment so...maybe you can. When I say low...its not horizon low but one of the lowest lights visible. I notice there must be hazy cloud out there tonight, non stars visible, or anything else.

Next thing to identify, 5am, theres an even brighter 'star' visible to the east, extremely bright, this morning it was to the right of a crescent moon. I did wonder if it's a satellite ?
Keep an eye on the news for sightings of three wise men.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
We have the top manager for this area visiting the office on Thursday. It's my rest day. I wonder if the visit was timed deliberately?

Oddly, the management bod & myself share a first name so he is nicknamed "Big Phil" in the team I'm in. A few years ago there were three of us with the same first name in the same team - Phil Senior (the oldest), Phil Junior (myself, the yougest) and Strange Phil (he was from Essex)

We have the top manager for this area visiting the office on Thursday. It's my rest day. I wonder if the visit was timed deliberately?

Oddly, the management bod & myself share a first name so he is nicknamed "Big Phil" in the team I'm in. A few years ago there were three of us with the same first name in the same team - Phil Senior (the oldest), Phil Junior (myself, the yougest) and Strange Phil (he was from Essex)

Hmmm, at one point, I knew six Lindas.

Fortunately, none of them knew each other, else it would've been a pain keeping them all straight. :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member

Wouldn't "Big Phil" make it four?

tyred

Legendary Member
Or a new battery. That's a damn sight less spendy...
True, and it is my inclination to attempt to repair everything.

However I wonder is it worthwhile as this was only a cheap phone in the first place (Alcatel A3) and probably even the cheapest smart phone on the market today is probably better spec as the pace of technology with these things is so fast.

True, and it is my inclination to attempt to repair everything.

However I wonder is it worthwhile as this was only a cheap phone in the first place (Alcatel A3) and probably even the cheapest smart phone on the market today is probably better spec as the pace of technology with these things is so fast.

Hmm... I bought a new battery for my Samsung Galaxy S2 last year. That set me back 20 notes.

I keep thinking about upgrading it, but then I hardly use it - as a phone or otherwise. Most of my internetting and communication is done via the laptop.

Top Bottom