Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Magpies

It's not too late, surely? I spent an hour and a half picking walnuts from a tree in a local hedgerow earlier today.
I have a pair of ~8m trees too tall to get to the top branches of. Whatever is within reach by ladder and/or picker seems to have been cleaned out by our resident squirrels. Pesky varmints. Pickled walnuts I think - picked when green-ish - next year.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Just saw this on ebay.

s-l500.png

Will it melt in the rain?

Sunny, warm and VERY breezy here chez Casa Reynard.

Didn't sleep well, so feel rather fragile. Not helped by the girls having a full-on spat at stupid o'clock in the morning.

Just been puttering around doing general stuff this morning. The planned trip into town for another batch of cat food has been postponed. The little darlings won't starve. :laugh:

Almost time for lunch. Chicken, pesto and mozzarella toastie, methinks...

I have a pair of ~8m trees too tall to get to the top branches of. Whatever is within reach by ladder and/or picker seems to have been cleaned out by our resident squirrels. Pesky varmints. Pickled walnuts I think - picked when green-ish - next year.

They've got in early then. Your trees must be pretty sheltered to crop that early - I find mid September is the optimal time to pick.

I've got my own back on the little blighters by clearing out their winter stashes when I find them. They're top notch at picking the best nuts!

D

Deleted member 1258

I can't help you with that. Unless you fancy some Royal Canin Sensible 33... :laugh:

Thank you but I've been shopping this morning, the biscuit barrel is now full, though not for long

postman

Legendary Member
Two days of gardening,ours and next doors.Plus a Postie bonus,i cut part of the hedge backing on to us fro the next street.The branches were growing over and blocking the light from the green house.I spoke with the lady first,my word she was so happy that i was doing it.And i got shut of the bits ,storing them to put them in the brow bin next time.Got to say it looks so clean and sharp,her hedge is a work of art,she does really well,but the stuff i took out was thick and woody and came from her next door neighbour's garden.This house has no occupants at the moment,no idea where they have gone .

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I tried each motor a while back using some jump leads and got them running . I could check them again . I've got power going to the dash which is shown by the volt meter and the engine revving sound . If I had an instruction book and wiring diagram I could perhaps figure out what may be at fault .
My brother said that it could be a type of ECU or Bluetooth problem which may be causing it .
There is a foot pedal switch with 6 wires going to it and there is also a gear lever on the dash which I have no idea of what it does .
I will have another look at it later .
Just a thought here but have you been online to see if you can download the instructions for it? A Google search may turn up the specs too.

Top Bottom