Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Oh Postman and Mrs P have volunteered to clean up a church building garden.Oh dear.We had not seen it before saying yes.So first sight oh my word.60' long 18' foot wide.Out of control greenery shambles rubble rubbish mess.I am 70 and this is the worst garden I have ever seen. no skips, so first half of the garden the mess is just stacked up against a wall.So that now means double handling.plus only six people to work the area we need twice that many..plus bad access means spade rake and cutting work only manual.it's going to take months as only Saturday afternoons are scheduled.oh dear.A mini digger would have been amazing.Just found out skips will be coming.As Postman and Mrs P fought against bonfiring it all. Not good for the neighbours or air quality.

A bonfire might be good for the ground.

I'm sure the 'gang' (cats) spotted the 432 packets of cat food being brought into the garage last night (£20 for 88 packs of Felix AGAIL at The Range @Reynard). No Felix this morning, so fed them a tin of Whiskas. All FIVE walked off ! :laugh:

Hah! My two will give you exactly the same reaction to being fed Whiskas. They will NOT eat the stuff for love nor money.

That's the third time now that I have rescued a small furry thing with a long tail from Schrodie .
Either it is the same one with a death wish or they are stupid enough for him to catch them .
Not sure if they are mice or voles, they have short bodies about an inch long with very long tails about twice that length .

Pygmy shrew.

The girls are bringing me loads of these - suspect there's been an explosion in the population.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I use pencils loads too - B is the pencil of choice for drawing and sketching. If I'm doing technical stuff, then a 2H is what I use.

Do you use a knife to sharpen them?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Yesterday my neighbour and I were trying to identify a pile of poop lots of piles of poop at the edge of field.

https://www.discoverwildlife.com/how-to/identify-wildlife/how-to-identify-animal-droppings/

From this website it would appear to be Roe Deer. I have seen them in the distance, but now they are very close to the gardens. Alledgedly the farmer has been "tidying" up the edges of the fields. So I am guessing that this has disturbed the Roe deer and their usual habitat. Would the young animals still be with their Mother at this time of year?

Yesterday my neighbour and I were trying to identify a pile of poop lots of piles of poop at the edge of field.

https://www.discoverwildlife.com/how-to/identify-wildlife/how-to-identify-animal-droppings/

From this website it would appear to be Roe Deer. I have seen them in the distance, but now they are very close to the gardens. Alledgedly the farmer has been "tidying" up the edges of the fields. So I am guessing that this has disturbed the Roe deer and their usual habitat. Would the young animals still be with their Mother at this time of year?

It's becoming less likely, as we're heading towards the rutting season, and IIRC, roe deer are a solitary species.

Kryton521

Über Member
Mmmm....... My weight is down to 94.1 kg, [14 stone to the "Imperialists" out there.] Would still really like to get to around 85, though not sure if this is possible, age, build, desire to eat cake and ice-cream!
Bridgend and several other bits of Wales have gone into local lockdowns, that's because people are stupid and won't social distance/wear masks!
Fortunately, club rides are still allowed! Yay!

Oh and having gone up from sub-compact and 48/34 to 50/36. I'm coping and doing really well. Must be helped by the lack of excess baggage too!

Mmmm....... My weight is down to 94.1 kg, [14 stone to the "Imperialists" out there.] Would still really like to get to around 85, though not sure if this is possible, age, build, desire to eat cake and ice-cream!
Bridgend and several other bits of Wales have gone into local lockdowns, that's because people are stupid and won't social distance/wear masks!
Fortunately, club rides are still allowed! Yay!

Oh and having gone up from sub-compact and 48/34 to 50/36. I'm coping and doing really well. Must be helped by the lack of excess baggage too!
I've got rellies in the Bridgend area. We were going to go down to see them in March but had to cancel it . Saw them 3 times the previous year due to funerals.

Top Bottom