Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyways, time to go feed the cats, and then time to feed me.

A bit of a bitsas tonight. Got the last of the cauliflower cheese, there's cooked chicken and I'll just have a slice of bread with that. But I do have a large cauldron of freshly-made alphabet soup. :hungry:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Restful evening ready for a busy day tomorrow!
A ride to charity shop by Weston Favel with some stuff, then swap books at the bus shelter library in Overstone.
Onwards and upwards, (to quote C S Lewis in the Chronicles of Narnia) to donate blood in Moulton.
All this and back for tea and to put the recycling bin out ready for Wednesday morning!

No it's not a Pygmy Shrew as it didn't have a pointed nose. Either a mouse or vole of some kind .

You said the body was only an inch long! That's the only UK rodent species that matches that description.

That's the third time now that I have rescued a small furry thing with a long tail from Schrodie .
Either it is the same one with a death wish or they are stupid enough for him to catch them .
Not sure if they are mice or voles, they have short bodies about an inch long with very long tails about twice that length .

Ours eat Whiskas every morning, not so keen on the 'gravy' pouches but they scoff the 'jelly' ones with gusto BTW this is pouches, never tried em on the big tins.

Mine won't eat Whiskas in any shape or form. Just as well, because just the odd mouthful tends to lead to rear end explosions.

I haven't bought cat food in tins since my big tabby & white boy went to Rainbow Bridge, and that was about 15 years ago. Thomas liked wet food but wouldn't eat dry. He was also a bottomless pit where food was concerned, so it was less faff than pouches.

With the other cats I've had, they've been happy on a 50-50 mix of wet and dry. As a result, the tins were just too big, and so I stopped buying them as I was just throwing so much cat food away.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Mine won't eat Whiskas in any shape or form. Just as well, because just the odd mouthful tends to lead to rear end explosions.

I haven't bought cat food in tins since my big tabby & white boy went to Rainbow Bridge, and that was about 15 years ago. Thomas liked wet food but wouldn't eat dry. He was also a bottomless pit where food was concerned, so it was less faff than pouches.

With the other cats I've had, they've been happy on a 50-50 mix of wet and dry. As a result, the tins were just too big, and so I stopped buying them as I was just throwing so much cat food away.
I had totally the opposite with my big Ginger Lad, he only ate biscuits, turned his nose up at anything else even fresh cooked chicken, tuna or salmon. He could have done adverts for 'Go Kat' cos he'd pick that over anything else and it wasn't through how he was brought up as I watched him being born (Kissa's first Kitten) so he'd only ever lived with me.

I had totally the opposite with my big Ginger Lad, he only ate biscuits, turned his nose up at anything else even fresh cooked chicken, tuna or salmon. He could have done adverts for 'Go Kat' cos he'd pick that over anything else and it wasn't through how he was brought up as I watched him being born (Kissa's first Kitten) so he'd only ever lived with me.

That's cats for you :laugh:

I'm lucky that the girls are pretty catholic when it comes to food. Poppy's been here since she was three and a half months old, and she religiously copied everything that Pearl used to do, while Lexi spent the first 18 months of her life being hungry.

Lexi can be a bit funny with cat treats though, whereas Poppy will vacuum up just about any treat under the sun. Except for those liquid treat things e.g. Lick-e-lix. Those, apparently, are the Spawn of Satan...

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
No. My tech drawing lecturer taught me a hack involving a piece of sandpaper to keep a fine point on a pencil as it's less wasteful. I still do it that way more than two and a half decades down the line. :blush:
We used to have a little wooden rectangle with several pieces of sandpaper attached, for when you wore out a sheet of sandpaper, just tear off the old. I shall have to rummage in my old art bin and see if it is about.

Top Bottom