Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
You really do need a new GPS device!
This is google saying that I'm there, not here.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
There was a young woman singing opera on a dark section of the Thames Path tonight. She was still there half an hour later when I passed by again and thanked her for her lovely voice. She said something with a heavy Italian accent and I wondered if she was an unconventional busker. I last carried coins back in March and felt guilty for not being able to reward her for her beautiful singing.

Kryton521

Über Member
One of my neighbours, with ill health asked, since I was going shopping if I'd get her a block of cheese. Bot a problem. Came back, handed her the cheese, she went to give me cash money, then asked, looking at the pound coins, "Are these legal tender?"
Been a while since I've had cash money and generally choose card and tap and pay.

Bridgend County now in lockdown. Club rides cancelled. Frelling great!!! I've just requested Sundays off so I can join the club!!!!!!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
There was a young woman singing opera on a dark section of the Thames Path tonight. She was still there half an hour later when I passed by again and thanked her for her lovely voice. She said something with a heavy Italian accent and I wondered if she was an unconventional busker. I last carried coins back in March and felt guilty for not being able to reward her for her beautiful singing.
A couple of weeks ago, in daytime, there was an operatic-style tenor singing at Greenland Dock on the Thames Path. It could be students from Trinity College, now based in Greenwich, busking or it could be professionals currently laid off.

There are now two scaffolding poles outside my window and a very loud drill is drilling into my living room wall from the outside.

pawl

Legendary Member
What can I do that’s mundane today

Black bin out tonight
Boris on the box at 8 Pm

Thats got to be mundane enough :wacko::wacko:

tyred

Legendary Member
I was out according to the card left by the postman. No I wasn't out, I was here all morning. Try the doorbell and do your job instead of expecting me to go and pick up my parcel which you didn't even bother trying to deliver.:evil:

Wait, oh yes wait a minute mister postman
Wait, wait mister postman

Mister postman knock and see
I've been at home waiting patiently
I been waiting a long long time
Waiting for that parcel of mine

I don't want your calling cards today
For the post office so far away
Please Mister postman knock and see
If I'm at home, waiting for a parcel, a parcel for me
I been standing here waiting Mister postman
So patiently
For just a box or a padded bag
Bringing my new bottom bracket to me

Waiting for that parcel of mine...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I was out according to the card left by the postman. No I wasn't out, I was here all morning. Try the doorbell and do your job instead of expecting me to go and pick up my parcel which you didn't even bother trying to deliver.:evil:

Wait, oh yes wait a minute mister postman
Wait, wait mister postman

Waiting for that parcel of mine

I don't want your calling cards today
For the post office so far away
Please Mister postman knock and see
If I'm at home, waiting for a parcel, a parcel for me
I been standing here waiting Mister postman
So patiently
For just a box or a padded bag
Bringing my new bottom bracket to me

Waiting for that parcel of mine...
Bad luck. Usually the posties are far better than the courier cowboys.

Top Bottom