Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I have fitted a new chain to my recumbent. It is 236 links long, and adjusted to enable big big ring shifting without breaking the chain or derailleur.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have fitted a new chain to my recumbent. It is 236 links long, and adjusted to enable big big ring shifting without breaking the chain or derailleur.

View attachment 548737
How big a difference in ring size!

It's overcast, cool, damp and breezy here chez Casa Reynard, and it rained overnight as everything is sopping wet.

I spent the morning hauling tree clippings in the garden to shove into my newly-emptied green bin. They were late yesterday, about 5pm. I've also rationalised my covid / brexit stores in the utility room. I am well served with cupboard staples except for some canned tomatoes.

Didn't sleep well though. Ended up spending part of the night writing, as I had lines of poetry popping up in my head that were far too good to not want to make a note of. I now have half a completed poem, but it needs a lot of polishing.

Anyways, alphabet soup and sausage rolls for lunch. :hungry:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I have broken my laptop puter. The frame around the screen is coming apart. It was a reconditioned one purchased about two years ago.

It has a 17 inch screen, so I can do on-line jigsaws and scrabble. Does anyone know of a reliable site that sells reconditioned ones, or are they all going to schools/colleges etc for study at home?

Ebay is an option, as long as you check feedback. You might even be able to find parts for the old one.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
On Cake off just now they said that the marzipan shouldn't be too thick as it would overwhelm the flavour of the cake ! :ohmy:

The perfect ratio is a crumb of cake to 1/4lb of mazipan ! :smile:

A man after my own heart.

I'll eat yours if you want.

Join the queue.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I like that old couple in Powys who's old TV set took the villages wiffy out !
I think they should have been given a new TV set by the wiffy peeps .
That's what happened when the button phones came in. Finally, the peeps from the telephone company came around. Told my father he could no longer have rotary dial phones, so they took away his many rotary dial phones, rewired the house for touch tone phones, and brought him 4 touch tone phones. Because otherwise the telephone exchange would have had to maintain old rotary dial equipment for him alone, pretty much. This would have been in the 1990's.

Top Bottom