Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Oh yes - it could have been be the electric kettle that was put on the gas cooker...🔥🧯
Seperate kettle for the gas cooker.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Stopped off at Tesco for a few bits of shopping on the way home and used the self service till. The bill came to £5.10 so I dug out 10p worth of coppers that was in my pocket, fed them into the machine and followed it up with a £10 note expecting a £5 note as change...

..and totally failed to notice that one of the 1p coins went straight through so I ended up paying £5.01 with the tenner ending up with £4.99 of loose coins instead of the 10p worth I'd hoped to get rid of.

At least I got home a couple of minutes before the first significant downpour we've had here for some time.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
And that, @Jenkins is one of the reasons I despise self service tills :laugh: Aside from the usual "unexpected item in the bagging area" :wacko:
I generally only use them when I've got a pocket full of loose change to get rid of and am buying something like a couple of bottles of squash, but there was a queue for the manned tills and the self service was free.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Absolutely. it would provide instant feedback for the providers showing where their programmes are and are not popular so they can see where they need to up their game... actually, I begin to see why they resist the change...
Yes. When I sold media broadcast time, ratings and cost per thousand exposures had a great influence on the spending habits of my customers. At that time, BTW, I could really love an election year like this.

Top Bottom