Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have just finished the latest batch of making digital copies of stuff about to go into my archive. I can put the scanner away tomorrow. The next job is to mount and label 24 assorted F3 and F3000 photos. The magazine and two programmes can be filed as is.

Time for a well-earned :cuppa: methinks.

When I read these posts I can't help wondering if your house is full of filing cabinets.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've woken up with a nasty cold - given I'm teaching from home and have only been out to go swimming this week (very distanced) I've no clue where I caught it.

In bed. Work'll have to wait to the weekend: the advantage of being on a professional contract.

Oh, and one of my eldest's two rescue cats he's abandoned with us whilst he's at university has taken advantage and is sat on me demanding attention.

Last edited:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Do any of you have pets who nag? My dogs will sit themselves down in front of me and stare at me for up to half an hour before it's time for them to be fed. But not only that. The Yorkie knows when it's time to start cooking dinner, and let's us know. He knows when the kids have to leave for school, and let's us know. He's not subtle. I think he was a snake in a previous life, his stares are so intense. Nag, nag, nag all day long.

I think I may have been in the house too long. I may be cracking up. But I can't be. The dogs would have let me know.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Do any of you have pets who nag? My dogs will sit themselves down in front of me and stare at me for up to half an hour before it's time for them to be fed. But not only that. The Yorkie knows when it's time to start cooking dinner, and let's us know. He knows when the kids have to leave for school, and let's us know. He's not subtle. I think he was a snake in a previous life, his stares are so intense. Nag, nag, nag all day long.

I think I may have been in the house too long. I may be cracking up. But I can't be. The dogs would have let me know.
Yes, a small beagle who insists she knows when I should go to bed, and wake up. Since Covid, she does not want Mrs. GA to leave the house for any reason whatever.

Mild, still and overcast here today chez Casa Reynard.

Spent the morning doing, first, some general puttering about, and second, picking more bramley apples for storing.

About to have lunch, then this afternoon, I shall be picking more apples, spending some time judging my class in the Burmese show and then maybe I might squeeze in a bike ride as well.

YES!!!

Lexi is the master of this, Poppy is a little bit more subtle.

Comes with the territory if you're owned by cats. ^_^

DCLane

I've marking and teaching preparation to do, plus management reports to write for management. But, to quote one of the girls I shared a student house with at university, "I'm poorly sick". So ...

Son's Argon E-116 TT bike has a fault. Apparently it's missing a brake part that some dimwit, when bodging his brake for the national youth TT, didn't fit :whistle:

The bike's with the LBS and I couldn't really understand what they were telling me. So went hunting for anything that just might relate to TRP aero TT brakes. Found a brake pad and spring in the box marked 'stuff I don't know where it goes'. Couldn't find the old brakes and I think we lost them at the national. Somewhere.

Toddled off to the LBS to be told "that's what's missing." :tongue:

I'm convinced they think I'm some sort of idiot. But ... in my defence he did have vaguely working brakes on the TT which the bodge needed to achieve. And we'd got no to time to do it.

Personally I blame Argon for fitting over-fiddly TRP brakes which don't work properly, fit underneath / backwards and have over-complicated cabling :okay: They were only added to the E-116 version and when the almost-identical E-117 came along were changed for a more sensible 'normal' brake.

Now back to bed to deal with student e-mails. The rest can wait until tomorrow / Sunday when I'm feeling better.

Last edited:
When I read these posts I can't help wondering if your house is full of filing cabinets.

Boxes... And lever arch file thingamawatsists. :blush:

But then I've been collecting stuff relating to Paul Warwick since 1987. That started out as a few newspaper clippings in an old exercise book. Now it has a gravitational pull all of its own. :angel:

The several decades' worth of Autosport back issues isn't helping matters. :laugh:

DCLane

You do realise that pictures are obligatory! :smile:

Mend quickly, btw xxx

Thanks, cold medication's helping. And to answer your request ...

Cat 1 (Lee) - a large Manx rescued from abusive owners (that's a 5' x 3' rug!). Eats anything, including neighbour's pets, but is more sociable after 9 years with us:

DSCF4286.JPG

Cat 2 (Adam) - rescued from being put down after a car hit it as a kitten and my eldest helped nurse him back to health. It's been my son's 'therapy cat' and they dote on each other:

DSCF7072.JPG

Last edited:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Can some kind person do sums/conversion for me please?

I need to put a 2 inches deep layer on sand on an area one yard wide by two yards across. Doing a sum in my head (in feet) that is 3 times 6 times one sixth, giving three cubic feet of sand. However :unsure: sand is ordered by weight. How many kilos of sand do I need. It does not matter if there is slightly too much,

I am guessing that bag of sand would be about a cubic foot, and so would need possibly four bags. I think the Builder's merchants not far from here might want a more accurate figure. It is to make stable (and level) a base for a garden cupboard. The sand would be underneath paving slabs.

The garden slopes at an angle of the depth of brick over the two yards. I have a small quantity of "hard core" to fill in the lower part.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Oh yes. The cat's nag for food, or letting out into their cat run (house cats)

Top Bottom