Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sitting next to Hugh Cornwell of The Stranglers at a David Sylvian concert, Hammersmith Odeon, mid-eighties. I plucked up the courage get into conversation with one of my musical heroes.

'Sylvian fan then Hugh?'

'Yes', he replied.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That apple and quince pear crumble was lush btw... :hungry:

Just peeled a load of our apples from the garden. Apple and cinnamon pastries later to go with the beef in Guinness pie i need to make:becool:

Mild, still, and currently rather rainy here chez Casa Reynard.

It rained this morning for a bit, but then cleared up, so I decided on a bike ride. Good decision, because it started raining again while I was having my lunch - mushroom soup, beans on toast, and orange and two :cuppa:

I have decided not to do very much this afternoon.

Oh, and I hate incredibly realistic dreams where things are what you wish them to be, and then you wake up and you know it's never going to happen. Aaaaargh!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
After the hillclimb this morning (son no. 2 won his category, came 4th and got £10) my LBS called. Apparently my son's disc wheel has an 11 speed cassette on. For a 10 speed TT bike. So toddled off there looking confused and sheepish. It's only ever been 10 speed although I lent it to someone for a couple of weeks. Maybe they swapped it and forgot :blink:

Then went to pay the deposit for a carpet (stairs/landing) and order some carpet tiles.

Sat waiting on Hermes to deliver the bits for my NeilPryde with a coffee and a chocolate brownie I found at the back of the kitchen cupboard :mrpig: and I'll then set up son's team media talk at 4.45 because some of the riders have been bad. Although it's not my son this time :whistle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom