Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
The one I keep getting from yahoo is the one I'm suspicious of, its telling me that because I'm on an old login method I'm not going to be able to access my E-Mail on a third party app after a certain date at the end of the month, I've kept deleting the E-mails but am wondering if they are genuine.
I believe they are. It will just save me going through thousands of old e-mails and the like.

I've now managed to reduce 201 photos to a final cut of 18 - 9 boy cats and 9 girl cats. Next step is to choose a top 5 from each, and the ones that don't make it will get a VHC.

Have had a good giggle - mainly cats doing things that are not terribly wise... :laugh:

Got some tea now.

I've emailed a friend who does complex computer related stuff about the phone, on the basis he probably has a handful kicking about and I really just want an alarm clock over the next few days: Watsapp and other luxuries can wait a bit.

The problem is that he's very generous and has a tendency to offer to buy one which I don't really want to happen. We shall see.

To be fair, he owns a rather successful company and even now probably earns in a month what I earn in six, but still...

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Woken at 6.30am by a skip wagon collecting the house opposite's skip before they move. They've been decent neighbours so I'm a wee bit forgiving.

Still feel grotty but I'm taking son no. 2 to ride the Drighlington hillclimb: from a pub to the top and then the brewery. He'd better win :whistle: The only advantage of this one is that it's a 10 minute drive rather than 3-4 hours for some.

D

Deleted member 26715

We're off on holiday today, fairly remote cottage in a fairly remote village in North Yorkshire, but still feel slightly apprehensive, hopefully we get some dry weather over the next 7 days & we can get some miles in.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Got some tea now.

I've emailed a friend who does complex computer related stuff about the phone, on the basis he probably has a handful kicking about and I really just want an alarm clock over the next few days: Watsapp and other luxuries can wait a bit.

The problem is that he's very generous and has a tendency to offer to buy one which I don't really want to happen. We shall see.

To be fair, he owns a rather successful company and even now probably earns in a month what I earn in six, but still...

If it was me in that dilemma, I would take into account the following thoughts. When was he last very generous in buying something for you, and/or how often has he done that? Some people are able to be generous in a very graceful way. I would emphasise to him that you really just want a very basic phone, without the added "extras".

He may own a successful company, but he knows that he cannot do what you do, and he likes to be generous.

Top Bottom