Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got everything ready for the national hillclimb. Bikes, spare wheels, kit, spare parts, bottles, lots of other 'bits'.

If tomorrow's forecast is anything to go by, I think it's going to be less of a national hillclimb and more of a national cycling against the wind championship... :giggle:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
If tomorrow's forecast is anything to go by, I think it's going to be less of a national hillclimb and more of a national cycling against the wind championship... :giggle:

The practice ride's tomorrow - we'll hope to grab a gap in the weather. Sunday's hill climb is looking better.

My son's not on his 'hillclimb' wheels tomorrow just in case. The bike's fragile enough as it is.

I'm on his race bike (we've sold my race bike) which is staying in his 'extreme' racing position - brifters and bars tilted low, so the rider's nose is just over the front wheel :ohmy: . He's tiny so takes a Caleb Ewan-style approach which requires less power but makes handling more skittish.

Last edited:
The practice ride's tomorrow - we'll hope to grab a gap in the weather. Sunday's hill climb is looking better.

My son's not on his 'hillclimb' wheels tomorrow just in case. The bike's fragile enough as it is.

I'm on his race bike which is staying in his 'extreme' racing position - brifters and bars tilted low, so the rider's nose is just over the front wheel :ohmy: . He's tiny so takes a Caleb Ewan-style approach which requires less power but makes handling more skittish.

Fingers crossed. On all fronts. :okay:

BTW, I have a Dutch friend who does the "national cycling against the wind" championships every year. It's done on a dam wall thingy on their equivalent of Boris bikes. Totally bonkers! :laugh:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Seen that. Considered entering. Realised I'm daft but not that daft.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I think I'll pass on the "Run Silverstone" - I think running is evil, or rather my knees do... (And not sure I'd want to be doing something like that at this time anyways.)

Does the name Michael Vergers ring a bell? He's done the Walter Hayes a fair few times, and the Festival itself BITD... ^_^ Lovely man, but totally bonkers. :blush:
Certainly does - one of the regulars. Mind you, anybody who straps themselves into a motorised steel tube frame with wheels and charges at silly speeds into corners in the midst of a pack of similar minded fools must be considered bonkers - but I'm glad they do it for my entertainment.

Certainly does - one of the regulars. Mind you, anybody who straps themselves into a motorised steel tube frame with wheels and charges at silly speeds into corners in the midst of a pack of similar minded fools must be considered bonkers - but I'm glad they do it for my entertainment.

He also does it upside down... :crazy:

IMG_0174.jpg

And yes, this is one of mine. ^_^ It's the photo that cemented a friendship.

FYI, turquoise car extreme left is Colin White, the orange one is Skid Carrera (aka Johnny Cooper) and the blue & white is Mark Proctor (Senna Proctor's dad).

Top Bottom