Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I think it's time to hit the hay.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I made a coffee about an hour ago and forgot to drink it. I warmed it up in the microwave, tried it, and poured it down the plughole..

I now have a fresh brew (that I will not forget to drink)

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Check your insurance renewal dates!
~On Tuesday [20th] I asked Mrs A_T when the car insurance was due as I'd just got a reminder for the house insurance and remembered the car insurance date was around the same time.... Mrs A_T couldn't remember either but hadn't seen a renewal reminder letter yet.

I checked to find it had run out on the 13th! I rang MoreThan and said could they check if it had auto-renewed as we hadn't had a reminder. No, it had expired... and as it had expired I couldn't just renew it on the phone I'd have to fill out a new policy form on-line... she couldn't do it apparently.

Not happy as Mrs A_T had driven me to the hospital in Newcastle the day before for a routine appointment... thankfully without incident [or a Police number plate check!!]

Went on line to find the MoreThan website wasn't working and said I should ring the number that I'd rung minutes earlier!

I went on the AA website and filled in a new policy application on-line and paid with a card... insured within minutes and the best bit because it was a new customer policy it was £300 cheaper than last year's MoreThan payment- same terms.

This morning [24th] I got two letters from MoreThan dated the 14th telling me that my insurance was 'due to expire soon' [ie the 13th!] and could I ring to pay the premium... £496 proudly announcing 'down from £559 last year'! I won't be contacting them again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom