Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Lunch was rather good. Fish chips and peas. Stuffed now.

Bit shocked to see five nurses all having lunch together in a T3 area, working lunch it wasn't.

Car passed its MOT, went foraging (successfully) for quinces and medlars while I waited, and bought a lovely big savoy cabbage from a chap in the village who sells organic veg.

Only three advisories, which isn't at all bad for a car on a 52-plate. I have a rusty exhaust bracket, there's some weird goo in the headlight units and the front brake pads could do with replacing.

Car passed its MOT, went foraging (successfully) for quinces and medlars while I waited, and bought a lovely big savoy cabbage from a chap in the village who sells organic veg.

Only three advisories, which isn't at all bad for a car on a 52-plate. I have a rusty exhaust bracket, there's some weird goo in the headlight units and the front brake pads could do with replacing.
What is the car ?

tyred

Legendary Member
I had today off work and had about a five mile walk this morning with a stop in the bookshop for a browse. Looking around bookshops is one of the few times I do enjoy shopping and first time I've indulged in quite a while but it's not much fun these days as my glasses kept steaming up due to the mask and I can't really see anything without them. Went for afternoon ride on the fixed wheel Raleigh, managed to fit a decent distance inside my 5KM box. It is so stupid.
Made meatballs in a tomato sauce with spaghetti for dinner, washed down with a bottle of Guinness. :hungry:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Feeling chuffed. Bought a 2nd hand uninterruptible power supply off ebay which failed to work properly. I told them & they replaced it, minus battery. Dismantled faulty unit, which they didn't want returned, found the fault, fixed it and now it is working. A while since I've taken on such a thing.

And I managed to make 6 lasagnas and some pastry for steam puddings to fill tomorrow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom