Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
And is today meeting those same high marks so far?
I get to go to mass in person. It is only about 6:30 a.m. here, though. Nice ride yesterday on the drop-bar 26" Panasonic MTB/tourer. I did almost freeze, though.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've enjoyed the vibrancy of HK city centre. Haven't cycled there, however; I wonder if I would dare to! Packed with people (wherever I went, anyway).

On Sunday HK residents go cycling and walking. I found a bike hire place that rents road bikes and use the network of cycle paths.

The quality of bikes and riding skills varies a lot though.

Some have excellent bikes and the bike hire places stores them for a lot of rider's.

Okay, language question: There are some job titles you can only use oif you are qualified. What are these called in English; "Professional titles"? that sounds a bit highfalutin' and academic.

I have a certificate saying I have permission to call myself a cabinet maker and permission to call myself an occupational therapist (sort of) what would those be called?
I would have thought you were within your rights to stick the word ‘Certified’ in front of the job titles, such as:

Certified Cabinet Maker
Certified Occupation Therapist
Certified Lunatic :whistle:

Magpies

Not so mundane news ..... they are taking Covid very seriously in Singapore. Face masks are ubiquitous, gatherings limited to 5 from different households (although that will soon be eased, I hear). You have to 'check in' to any public place (eg., busy supermarkets) via a Govt phone app, which alerts you to self-isolate if anyone there at the same time as you is later found to test positive. These measures are not voluntary!

But transmission is now down to virtually zero, and life is step-by-step returning to normal. I was surprised to learn that so far, they've had 58K cases in total ..... but <30 deaths!!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
It's been a lovely morning out there - sunshine, blue skies, light winds. I know this because I can see it all outside the office window.

Why wasn't it like this while I was off last week?

Sunny, mild and still here chez Casa Reynard.

I am currently watching Fulham v Everton on the telly, but I spent the whole morning splitting logs for firewood. Ended up having to take the chainsaw out to rescue the axe after it got wedged in a rather stubborn and knotty piece of wood, and no amount of bashing on the block would free it. In fact, I ended up splitting the block. :wacko:

As a result, I now ache all over. And I also have a dent in my shin where a log jumped off the wood pile and bit me.

Anyways, it's almost lunchtime. Another big bowl of alphabet soup awaits. :hungry:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Sunny, mild and still here chez Casa Reynard.

I am currently watching Fulham v Everton on the telly, but I spent the whole morning splitting logs for firewood. Ended up having to take the chainsaw out to rescue the axe after it got wedged in a rather stubborn and knotty piece of wood, and no amount of bashing on the block would free it. In fact, I ended up splitting the block. :wacko:

As a result, I now ache all over. And I also have a dent in my shin where a log jumped off the wood pile and bit me.

Anyways, it's almost lunchtime. Another big bowl of alphabet soup awaits. :hungry:
And then, when the sun sets, your team is playing my home town....:ohmy:

Top Bottom