Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Chilly, sunny and a bit breezy here chez Casa Reynard. We also had a frost overnight.

Have had a kitchen morning - am making a big cauldron of my sweet potato, parsnip and chickpea tikka masala. Am also adding kale to it, as I have some that wants using. Looking forward to it already :hungry:

I need to move some firewood, but an afternoon of paperwork awaits.

But first, a big bowl of alphabet soup, and the last of the mustard and cider pork on some toast.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Ooooooh, what did you get? Anything interesting?
I won a victory over the duty manager who had to back down on initial refusals to honour the voucher for non-food goods, plus two apologies. Tesco seem to want to treat vouchers as food only vouchers which is not what they were - they're essentially gift vouchers. I got a turkey breast as a standby Christmas meal and a red cabbage because I fancy some braised red cabbage and apple.

I got the vouchers for participating in an ONS covid infection survey. The remaining 4x£25 vouchers will not be going to Tescos.

I won a victory over the duty manager who had to back down on initial refusals to honour the voucher for non-food goods, plus two apologies. Tesco seem to want to treat vouchers as food only vouchers which is not what they were - they're essentially gift vouchers. I got a turkey breast as a standby Christmas meal and a red cabbage because I fancy some braised red cabbage and apple.

I got the vouchers for participating in an ONS covid infection survey. The remaining 4x£25 vouchers will not be going to Tescos.

Hmm...

Mind you, a supermarket is only as good as its manager. But if they're gift vouchers, then it shouldn't matter whether you spend them on tea or toasters...

Top Bottom