Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Chilly, breezy and sunny here chez Casa Reynard.

Spent the morning out in the garden making a start on a maple tree that the drainage board cut down on the edge of the wood a couple of years ago (it's bordered by a drain) and simply left. It's about 18 inches across at the base, so that's fun. Hey ho, who needs the gym!

The wood is pretty dry as it's been sitting facing the prevailing wind, so it can go on the pile for burning once I've cut it up.

Needed coat, woolly hat and glove liners out there as the wind is fairly whistling through.

our Son overslept 2 alarms & may miss his flight to surprise his girlfriend in Virginia. not the end of the world, there will be more flights

edit: good news, he made it aboard. that kid, always does stuff at the last minute ...

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_2954.JPG

Perfect view of the ISS, just now.. The photograph doesn't do it justice 😔

I went out for another 11 mile ride this afternoon and found that one of the lanes had been covered in mud from a field, someone had been playing in there with a tractor . :angry:

That's what it's like permanently here from October through to March... *squish* *squish* *squelch*

I went out for another 11 mile ride this afternoon and found that one of the lanes had been covered in mud from a field, someone had been playing in there with a tractor . :angry:

We get that here: with no hedges tractors often turn on the"agricultural roads" so they can plough to the edge of the fields. Mind you, as the roads are traffic free I probably shouldn't complain.

I even once saw a tractor ploughing a field and turning on the hard shoulder of an autobahn.

new fridge day, yesterday. we've been w/o a freezer since August. thanks to covid the thing was back-ordered. originally we thought it would take 2 weeks & we were horrified. got a call last Wed that it would be delivered last Friday. we didn't believe it. Friday comes & the delivery guys said it won't fit because it's the exact size of the space we have, but 1" too tall. I told him I would whip off the top cabinet, but he still refused to bring it into the house. they left. we raised a stink & I whipped off the unused top cabinets. low & behold, it's in! don't ever get between a woman & her new fridge, that she waited 3 months for!

fridge closed.jpg

fridge open.JPG

we had ice cream last night & kept the left overs!!!!!!! whoohoo!

Top Bottom