Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
So I am sat on the sofa.Playing on this tablet,Alexa is playing my 2020 Spotify Wrap.Lights are off,tree lights are on,plus on the telly I have YouTube playing a real log fire.It's all comfy and relaxing.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Can you not book it online? 🤔
If I was registered I could - their system needed my NHS number which I didn't have at the time. I have now completed the request for online access , but I now have to visit the surgery to provide evidence of identity to be given the access code to complete the registration. While I'm there, it would be the most simple thing to book an appointment with the receptionists, but they're only accepting phone or online bookings...:crazy:

The flu jabs for the over 50s are only being done on the 12th & 19th December so there's a slight chance I may be registered and booked before then.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
DHL just delivered a tea cosy. The guy on their local round is a cheerful guy called Charles. When I said to him that he's working late tonight he said people keep ordering stuff.

(Normally, Charles delivers a monthly selection of Northern Monk beers in the afternoon, now it's tea accessories after beer o'clock.)

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
If I was registered I could - their system needed my NHS number which I didn't have at the time. I have now completed the request for online access , but I now have to visit the surgery to provide evidence of identity to be given the access code to complete the registration. While I'm there, it would be the most simple thing to book an appointment with the receptionists, but they're only accepting phone or online bookings...:crazy:

The flu jabs for the over 50s are only being done on the 12th & 19th December so there's a slight chance I may be registered and booked before then.

Our online booking was turned off in first lockdown. But I can now see the flu jab appointment in my app. In and out in a minute according to the timings!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I would like a strong cup of tea please, and two custard creams, thank you.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Part of the problem is that the surgery I was with near home closed down at the start of the year and all the patients were distributed among the (already overloaded) three in the Felixstowe & Walton area. Add in the requirements of the Covid regulations and an elderly local population and I think a beer is called for.

It's not all bad news 'though. I did stop off for an hour's natter and a laugh with my mum & stepdad on the way home from work.

So I am sat on the sofa.Playing on this tablet,Alexa is playing my 2020 Spotify Wrap.Lights are off,tree lights are on,plus on the telly I have YouTube playing a real log fire.It's all comfy and relaxing.

No decs up here yet, but i have the uplighter on low and am sat by the fire working on my writing project and chatting with a friend on the Book of Faces. It's a nice way to spend an evening.

Top Bottom