Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Just had a quick catchup (well 30 minutes) on the phone with an old club mate - he's down near The Wash these days. We've got to close our very old club account so need to get the money donated to charity - only £100.

He's still riding which is good, but I had to tell him about two of our club mates that had passed away in the last 18 months, neither over 55. Felt a bit sad, but better he know as he was good mates with them but had lost touch. :sad:

Which side of the Wash?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Which side of the Wash?

Long Sutton

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Cold and damp here. Dropped a bike frame up to Keighley for a frame repair and it was sleeting on the hills :cold:

New neighbours opposite are now replacing the new white doors they've put in with other new charcoal grey doors because "they don't go together well enough". You chose the doors! So that's new windows / new doors x 2 / new kitchen / new bathroom / new walls / new heating system / new carpets and flooring (not in yet) and new decorating on a just-refurbished house :wacko:

The guess is they're spending £20-30k extra that they didn't need to. And when they move in they'll find the house is too small for them - that money would've built a nice orangery.

Down the road, they've moved the garage forward, built the room behind it, built the new roof & combined it into the existing roof. The tiles are now on, I'm not sure if the front wall has been put in. It's a sea of mud round the side tho'.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Down the road, they've moved the garage forward, built the room behind it, built the new roof & combined it into the existing roof. The tiles are now on, I'm not sure if the front wall has been put in. It's a sea of mud round the side tho'.

Another house has sold round the corner. At the asking price on day 1 and I thought the asking price was very high. Clearly not high enough. Prices have gone silly locally due to a shortage of supply where we live and the nearby secondary school going from special measures to outstanding in a 4 year period.

They're converting the double garage into a kitchen. As the one there was very small anyway that sort of makes sense and they'll have 3 parking spaces left. At least it's got a purpose to the changes and is likely to add a bit of value.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I watched Grand Designs New Zealand last night. They demolished a single story bungalow by hand, instead of using a bulldozer. He wanted to reuse nearly all the doors, cupboards and other wood, and succeeded in building a lovely home which should also be earthquake-proof. Doors were reused as desks etc.

Sometimes I get confused when they talk about "stears", but its still very interesting.

Carnage has been visited upon a box of Lindor.

I feel a lot better, although it seems rather sacrilegious to do this to good quality chocolate...

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A little concoction i've made for supper.

5% fat lean beef mince,sliced sweet potatoes,a bag of casserole veg',2 bulbs of garlic,peas,mushrooms,a veggie stock cube,some mixed dried herbs and a spoonful of curry power. Then maybe i'll add a packet of Japanese curry sauce,though i'll taste it first to see if it's enough curry flavour in. I've just turned the slow cooker on at a low setting,so it should be ready about 11pm. I'll get about 6 bowl fulls out of it,so it'll last me a few night. Once it's nearly cooled i'll put it in the fridge,then re-heat a bowl at a time in the microwave.

I'll post a pic' later to show the finished result.:okay:

1607019352252.png

Top Bottom